LPG Conversions

LPG Conversions

Review of "LPG Conversions"

published 28/02/2001 | alottosay
Member since : 09/09/2000
Pro Grant Given,Cheap fuel,Quick conversion
Cons None that I have found

"GAS CONVERSION THROUGH POWERSHIFT"

If any people are fed up with petrol prices I suggest having your car converted to run on Liquid Petroleum Gas (LPG)for short.If the car is less than 1 year old you may possibly qualify for a grant from the POWERSHIFT scheme which is a government scheme which pays a percentage of the cost of conversion.This ranges from 50%--75% of the cost pre VAT.I had my car converted and I now have the best of both worlds,being able to run a car on both gas and petrol.As gas is only about £1.80 a gallon it makes sense to convert.Although the MPG and Performance are slightly down on petrol the cost of fuel far outweighs this minor drawback.I personally had a SKODA OCTAVIA GLXi converted.It took only three days in the garage and the job was superb.The only external difference on the car is a filler cap on the rear bumper about "2 wide.If anybody is interested in finding out about this scheme go to www.est-powershift.orguk.You can still have an older car converted but unfrtunately you do not qualify for a grant.Incidentally there are more LPG filling stations opening all the time.I have two in my town.

Product Information : LPG Conversions