arch76 2

arch76

Member since:17.08.2002

No more egg-frying on my face

14.10.2002 (15.10.2002)

Advantages:
Mattifies the skin .  Stops the shine .

Disadvantages:
Dries up the skin .  Makes the skin rough .  Make up does not glide on over this moisturiser .

Recommendable No:

How easily is it absorbed?

How does it affect your skin?It dehydrates

Why did you buy it?Advertising

31 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. kimbahop
  2. supersexycoolchick
  3. Benniash

I have a clear complexion with almost no spots. Most of my friends envy my skin tone. But then there's got to be a hitch somewhere, don't you think ? Well, my skin can ooze out enough oil to fry an egg on my face! And when the light hits my face, my face really glistens ....ummmm no, not the glamorous glistening but the 'Ugh' glistening! Every so often I wipe my face with a tissue and lo and behold... I always have a very greasy tissue staring back at me!My oil glands never ever stand me up. They are oh-so-very-hardworking! My biggest nightmare is my T-zone(forehead and nose)!

I have tried mattifying cleansers, moisturisers, foundations and what-not but they didn't do the trick. Then I tried Garnier Synergie's Sebum Control moisturiser.

@~~~The Packaging~~~@

The moisturiser comes in a white cover. The tube is opaque but looks coloured because the cream is a light cyan.

@~~~The Price~~~@

Though the packaging looks quite expensive, the moisturiser is not very costly. It is priced at £ 3.99. I would day that that's good value for money only when you think of it quantity-wise.

@~~~The Moisturiser~~~@

The moisturiser has a thick consistency and smells really good. Smells a lot like the smell of fresh cucumbers mixed with some other fragrance, actually.

@~~~What goes in to make it what it is~~~@

Garnier Pure Sebum Control is presumably different because it mattifies skin, absorbs excess oil and controls sebum day after day. It also moisturises and purifies the skin. Its unique formula contains active ingredients that have been selected for their complementary action: WHITE CLAY for its oil absorbing properties, ZINC for its regulating action and an ANTI-BACTERIAL agent for its purifying power. The skin, again presumably , is left feeling clean, moisturised and purified and looks perfectly mattified.

The instructions that Garnier has given for using this moisturiser are to first clean skin thoroughly and then apply the moisturiser gently. This moisturiser should NOT be applied to the delicate eye contour area or irritated skin. They claim that it is an excellent base for make-up.

@~~~ My experience~~~@

Now, this is my favourite part. Now we are talking! OKay, let me be very frank at the very outset. I do not recommend this product at all. I had used this moisturiser thinking that I am going to look like somebody who's stepped out of fashion mag with great, smooth, AND non-shiny skin. I could hardly wait to get home to test this one!

Well, was I disappointed. I followed Garnier's instructions to the T and guess what? My skin feels like paper! It has gone all rough and feels very brittle. It made my skin really parched out. That was the first thing that I noticed about this moisturiser(should be called de-moisturiser!)! The second thing about this product that I noticed was that make-up does not glide on like they said. When I applied foundation over this moisturiser, the foundation created patches all over my face. That's because the moituriser dried my skin and wouldn't allow the foundation to blend with my skin.

Having said all this, I also would like to say something in favour of this product. YES! It actually made my face feel less shiny. The oily layer wasn't there anymore. No more eggs to fry on my face.I couldn't believe it. At least that bit about mattifying the skin was true.

But then what good is a product that makes the skin feel de-hydrated and rough . I would rather leave my skin looking oily than drying it up like this.

@~~~What I am doing now with this product~~~@

NO. I haven't 'binned' the moisturiser. I have spent almost £ 4 on it so might as well use it. Well, what I am doing is - I am applying the moisturiser on all the greasy areas on my face, my 'T'- zone and letting it dry and then applying my Estee Lauder over the other areas. So, is it working? Yup! Can say that! So, now I have skin that does not shine where it is not required to and plus I also have a smooth and silky skin tone.

@~~~How do I feel? ~~~@

Ummm... Not so bad coz I am still using the product. I Would recommend it to anyone who hates shine. But I must warn you that you'll have to think of an alternative plan on how to deal with the dryness, though.

Go ahead and try it if you feel it's best for you.

Thanks for reading.
Arch.

kimbahop 30.07.2007 19:53

Great review!

emsie25 30.01.2003 23:08

great op :) thanks for the advice xx

Fiz_whiz 29.10.2002 11:43