L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil

A customer favourite. Transforms into a lavish, softening foam--original and unique in texture--that leaves a satin-like softness all over the body. R

Review of "L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil"

published 30/09/2017 | siberian-queen
Member since : 15/04/2011
Aiming to be a bit more active on here now my uni course is done :0
Pro great oil moisture and lovely scent
Cons none unless you don't like almond
Does it smell good?

"Bathing in sweet Almond Oil"

L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil

Once in a while I indulge myself into the land of L’Occitane. I recently purchased a gift for someone in there and was lucky enough to receive a free gift with goodies inside. Part of that was L’Occitane Amande Shower Oil.

*****L’OCCITANE*****
A French company which although uses the website marketing, remains a very luxury feel company. Preferring small boutique shops and high customer service.
They also have a few select spas in 5 star hotels and odd ones connected to stores.

*****PRODUCT DESIGN******

My product was a 35ml plastic bottle with small silver plastic flip top lid. Although this was a gift version you can actually buy this size on the website indicated as a travel size.
The bigger bottle is 250ml but comes in much the same design.

The bottles have the ingredients on the back with the instructions for use. On the front is a simple designed sticker that tells you that it is a shower gel in both English and French.

I like the simplicity of it but somehow it manages to give an elite feel for some reason.

Being plastic it is all recyclable too.

*****ALMOND OIL BATHS*****

The almond scent is divine, very rich and strong but as it is dispersed amongst the water, very relaxing in use as the scent

As a shower oil you simply pour a tiny amount onto you hands or onto a cloth etc., but be careful as it is an oil and so very liquid and may run away.
Then simply add water and gently lather to create slight foam and the oil turns to a whiter colour. Apply to the body and wash as normal.

The scent as I say is very relaxing (of course you need to like an almond smell) and being oil I think adds to that. You get a very clean and fresh wash from this and could be used as an everyday wash. For me personally given the price I tend to use this on occasions only like if I am in need of muscle relaxing, I find it very good for this.
It is not something I would use if I have done a muddy run or such like, as I don’t think it has the scrub clean ability for that.

It does wash off the skin however the oil tends to absorb into the skin so you can feel the hydration whilst washing.
This is shower oil but can be used in the bath also with caution. As whilst using in the shower you do need to take care as it is oil and will make the bath or shower basin slightly slippy.

I tend to let a tiny bit run under the bath tap if I am after a deep soak.

With the oil it gives a great soft feeling to your skin afterwards and you don’t necessarily need to use a lotion afterwards. However if you do and like the scent to carry on, they do a large range of cream lotions and scrubs.

Just to remember that cleaning the bath or shower after is still simple but you might need to do a reasonable clean with a cleaning product rather than a quick water rinse, as you wouldn’t want oil left in there in case you slip.

*****PRICE AND WHERE TO BUY*****

The large almond oil is 250mls at £19

The travel size almond oil is 75ml at £7

There is eco-refill almond oil, which is 500ml for £27.50

www.uk.loccitane.com the website have a sign up for special offers

Or buy in store and its nice to go, you do get treated well as a customer I have found, often little drinks free and nice packing service etc.

*****OVERALL*****

I do love this oil, I recommend it worth a try and will buy it again in the future.

Review maybe posted on other review sites under the same username Siberian-queen©

• torr published 22/10/2017
    Well reviewed.
  • jb0077 published 10/10/2017
    vh
  • elwood_jones published 08/10/2017
    great indepth review

offers "L'Occitane Almond Shower Oil"