L'Oreal Colour Protect Conditioner

L'Oreal Colour Protect Conditioner

Conditioner

Review of "L'Oreal Colour Protect Conditioner"

published 06/05/2012 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro Keeps colour looking better for longer, Smells lovely, Smoother/Softer Hair
Cons In my opinion nothing!
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Keeps my hair looking bright & vibrant."

~ THE SHAMPOO ~

The shampoo is made by L’Oreal Elvive and is aimed at people who colour their hair. Most people know that colouring hair can damage it, causing it to become dry and brittle. It also makes the hair more sensitive to the sun and pollution. The shampoo contains a new formula with reinforced actives. The formula is even more concentrated which bathes the hair and transforms the surface, which leaves hair feeling smooth and soft to touch. The shampoo is also is enriched with UVA & UVB Filters which helps to protect hair from external aggressions and leaves colour shimmering. There are proven results that hair stays intensively coloured for up to 7 weeks.

~ PACKAGING ~

The shampoo comes in a deep red bottle which has a flip top. The bottle isn’t round but is more of a flatter square shape, so it’s easy to get a grip on the bottle. On the front of the bottle it states that the shampoo is colour protect so is suitable for coloured or highlighted hair. It states that the shampoo is nourishing, protects hair and helps to prolong colour. On the back of the bottle it gives you a list of ingredients and information about the product itself and how it helps to protect and prolong coloured hair.

~ PRICE/AVALIABILITY ~

I purchased the shampoo and conditioner from my local Boots store. I purchased the 400ml bottle of shampoo and conditioner and these are both currently on offer for half price. The shampoo is normally priced at £3.89 but it cost me just £1.94, which I think is brilliant value. You can also purchase this from Superdrug and supermarkets, prices may vary.

~ USING THE SHAMPOO ~

I wet my hair in the shower as normal and flipped the lid to the shampoo back, which was easily done even with wet hands. The shampoo was white in colour but also had a slight shimmer look to it. There was a pleasant fragrance to it which was nice but not too strong. I rubbed the shampoo into my hair and it lathered up nicely and the smell of the shampoo became slightly stronger. After I ensured my hair had been shampooed well, I rinsed off the shampoo. The shampoo rinsed off very easily and left a nice, light smell in my hair.

~ RESULTS ~

I got out the shower and towel dried my hair and looked at the results. My hair did look more vibrant but I would be able to see the real results after blow drying my hair. I used the hair-dryer to dry my hair and as I was doing this I could still smell the fragrance of the shampoo in my hair. I looked at the results in the mirror and my hair appeared to look much brighter and more radiant than before. I have blonde hair so it can easily look dull quite quickly, especially when it needs re-colouring. This shampoo made my hair look so much better and it didn’t look as though it needed colouring again as much as it had done before. When I walked to work the following morning I could still smell the fragrance of the shampoo in my hair and even after straightening it, my hair still looked vibrant and brighter.

I did purchase the conditioner to go with the shampoo and have also used the conditioner following the shampoo, and I think this gives even better results than using the shampoo alone.

~ OVERALL OPINION ~

I was very impressed at the results of the shampoo and how bright and radiant it made my hair look/ I normally use Herbal Essences colour shampoo & conditioner, how-ever I feel as though that the L’Oreal shampoo has done a much better job at keeping my hair colour looking good. I love the fact that the smell of the product stayed in my hair and that I could smell it even the day after washing my hair. The shampoo didn’t make my hair greasy or feel heavy, which some shampoos can do. I give this product 5 out of 5 stars and would highly recommend it to others with coloured hair. When I run out of this shampoo I will be buying some more and am also very tempted to try the L’Oreal Colour Protect Mask.

(review also on dooyoo)