L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

Review of "L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo"

published 16/05/2016 | Dragonfairy1
Member since : 03/04/2014
Hi I'm joining due to problems on other sites, but hopefully I'll come to love this site. I also review on dooyoo under Dragonfairy, so some of my reviews will appear on there and I'll be bringing lots of my reviews over here :)
Pro Rebalances my hair
Cons none

"Rebalancing My Hair with Elvive Clay Shampoo"

I was lucky enough to receive the Elvive Extraordinary Clay shampoo, conditioner and masque from Loreal in exchange for doing a short review.

This review is about the shampoo and it retails for around £3.99 at Boots, or most other stores.

My hair is very fine, and has always tended to be oily at the roots, but as I have got older it has also been prone to becoming dry through the length of my long hair. Not a good combination, and it has lead me to struggle to find a good shampoo, which isn't too oily or drying.

The new extraordinary clay system from loreal is designed to rebalance your hair, removing grease for up to 72 hours to purify the roots whilst hydrating the ends. It contains 3 refined clays to achieve this. This sounded ideal for my hair and I was excited to try it.

I tried this with and without the pretreatment clay masque, and find it's great with both, although you get a more intense clean with the masque. The shampoo itself is a little drying, as I think it does most of the purifying work, because of this I have always followed it with the conditioner.

The shampoo comes in a blue coloured bottle which is similar in appearance to the rest of the Elvive range. The shampoo itself is a pale blue colour and is quite thick and needs a bit of pressure to get out of the bottle or it tries to go back in. This has a sweet flowery smell which I find quite pleasant. A little of the shampoo goes a long way and it lathers up nicely and makes my hair feel really clean and fresh. My scalp in particular feels extra clean after using the shampoo. I find this feeling does last for a couple of days, and even if I leave my hair for a few days between washes my scalp and hair remains oil free.

Having used this for a couple of months now I also think it has helped to improve the overall condition of my hair, making it feel smooth and healthy, and very soft.

On it's own I think this would probably be a little too drying, so for best results I recommend using it with it's matching conditioner.

In conclusion I love this shampoo, I really do think it has made a difference to my awkward hair, it now stays oil free for longer, and my lengths always feels soft and smooth.

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 13/10/2017