L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo

Review of "L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Clay Re-Balancing Shampoo"

published 12/02/2017 | sophie_mcenteggart
Member since : 22/03/2016
Just a casual reviewer. Like to keep things short and sweet, while giving you as much information as possible! Happy reading!
Pro Smells good. Keeps its promise
Cons Hair feels dry. Can be expensive in other stores.
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Does what it promises but..."

A little bit of background about my type of hair and it's condition may be helpful first; I have always had quite oily hair. I'm talking needs-washed-almost-twice-a-day kind of oily. And while the oiliness has its advantages, such as, keeping my hair in good enough condition, it can be tedious to have to wash and dry it so often.
My hair has also gone under quite a bit of damage from dying and bleaching in recent months. So, the ends of my hair can be quite dry.

On to the shampoo. The colour of the shampoo when I poured it into my hand was very much like the bottle itself...light green and shiny. It smells quite nice (hints of cucumber, very fresh) and the smell stays in your hair long after use. It lathers up A LOT, so you only need a small bit of it, which I suppose is good in the case of value for money.
However, while washing the product out of my hair it feels like my hair is clumping together, and when the product is fully washed out, my hair feels dry and rough, almost like rope. It's a disgusting feeling. I have not yet tried the conditioner, as there was none available when I purchased the item, so I can't say if the accompanying conditioning product works to combat this feeling and texture of the hair. In my case, I added another conditioner I had at hand (Vo5) and it seems to do the trick, making my hair feel a lot better.

After drying my hair (on a time where I ONLY USED THE SHAMPOO and no conditioning afterwards - to see what it was like as a stand-alone product), my hair was kind of fuzzy which isn't normal of my hair. It felt quite dry and sort of brittle. However, after a while of letting it settle and going throughout the day, my hair seemed fine and still smelt really good.

A few days went by before my hair was noticeably oily. WHOOOO! The product did what it promised to do. Combat greasy hair! And for that reason, I feel this is a good product for people with oily hair.

Another point worth noting is that my hair is dyed and the shampoo did not seem to damage the colour at all. I feel like I've found a winning product! My hair colour is safe and my hair isn't greasy all the time! YEY!! Lets hope the conditioner is just as good.

Details of purchase and pricing: I bought this product in my local Wilko store. And I believe it was priced at £2.49 - £3.49.

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 13/10/2017