L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Conditioner

Review of "L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Conditioner"

published 08/02/2016 | euphie
Member since : 21/09/2012
Pro Cheap, really makes a difference to my dry, damaged hair
Cons Bottle can leak
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"This conditioner really is extraordinary"

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Conditioner

I use a lot of conditioner as my hair is quite dry and damaged and L'Oreal is one of my favourite brands of conditioners, although I only tend to buy them when they are on offer.

The Conditioner

This is a relatively new addition to the L'Oreal range and I have been using it for around two years now. It contains extracts of what are described as flower oils:
  • Rosa Canina (Rose)
  • Chamomilla Recuita (Chamomile)
  • Linum Usitatissimum (Flax)
  • Nelumbium Speciosum (Lotus)
  • Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiara)

To be honest, I'm not entirely sure what this means but I guess the idea behind it is to give the user some idea that this is a 'natural' conditioner and powered by flower oil extracts. This conditioner is designed for dry to very dry hair types.
Packaging
This comes in an eye-catching bronze coloured bottle with a slight shimmer. The label also has a slight shimmer so this really stands out on the shelf in store. While I think the packaging is functional rather than funky, it's what's inside that counts. It has the same type pf packaging as all other conditioners in the L'Oreal range just that this one seems slightly brighter and sunnier in my opinion.

My only slight issue is that I have found that these bottles have a slight tendency to leak a little around the base so I needed to get into the habit of ensuring that I had wiped clear all of the conditioner when I was using this, otherwise there tends to be quite a bit of wastage and this conditioner is way too nice to waste.

This conditioner should be used within 12 months of opening.
In Use

The conditioner itself is a pale golden colour and is slightly iridescent as well – it almost looks glittery in the light. It is quite thick but melts easily onto my hair. I find that I don't need a massive amount of conditioner either and around a golf ball sized amount is enough to cover my long hair. As soon as I apply this to the lengths of my hair, it melts onto my hair and almost instantly, I can feel a positive effect on the texture of my hair. A lot of conditioners I feel sit on my hair rather than penetrating into my hair but I really do feel as though this one does seem to melt onto my hair and penetrates through the top layers to leave my hair looking and feeling a lot less dry and damaged.

I find it hard to describe the scent of this conditioner. I have heard the matching shampoo described as flowery in it's scent and I do find that they do have a similar scent. However, I don't think it's overly flowery and it's a little chemical as well in my opinion. However, I don't find that the scent does linger long after I wash it out of my hair though which is a good thing in my opinion. It's not the nicest smell from a conditioner but I would rather have a decent conditioner that doesn't smell as nice as a nice smelling one that is rubbish.

As is the case with most conditioners, it is recommended that you use this along with the matching shampoo but while I have bought the shampoo in the past, I didn't really rate it as much and find that I get great results just using this conditioner on it's own with a different brand of shampoo.

My thoughts

As I mentioned above, I really rate L'Oreal conditioners, so I had high hopes for this one as well but being honest, my expectations were surpassed if anything.

I would definitely recommend this conditioner to anyone that has dry or damaged hair as the results are almost instant and it leaves my hair looking and feeling in better condition. I had issues with my hair while I was on holiday and it seemed to really suffer in the heat and probably the difference in water as well which left me with very dry and matted hair. I had bought a similar L'Oreal conditioner which was supposed to be for 'summer hair' but I found it useless on my hair in the sun. I bought a bottle of this conditioner in a chemist on holiday and within two days, my hair was in much better condition, although it didn't quite go back to normal until I was back in the UK.

Price and Availability

This normally retails at around £4 for a 400ml bottle of conditioner but it always seems to be on offer in some chemist somewhere. I have bought this a few times now and I pay around £2 - £3 for a 400ml bottle of conditioner. I tend to stock up when it's on offer but I would happily pay full price for this as it's such a great conditioner. It has become my go-to conditioner and I would recommend it to anyone who has dry, damaged hair. I always thought that L'Oreal conditioners are one of the best but I found that this is certainly my favourite out of any L'Oreal conditioners and one that I can guarantee will make a real difference to the condition to my hair.
Ingredients

Aqua / Water,Cetearyl Alcohol,Glycerin,Amodimethicone,CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide,CI 77491 / Iron Oxides,CI 15985 / Yellow 6,CI 19140 / Yellow 5,Chamomilla Recutita Extract / Matricaria Flower Extract,Mica,Cocos Nucifera Oil / Coconut Oil,Hydroxyethylcellulose,Stearyl Alcohol,Behentrimonium Chloride,Trideceth-6,Chlorhexidine Digluconate,Helianthus Annuus Seed Oil / Sunflower Seed Oil,Nelumbium Speciosum Extract / Nelumbium Speciosum Flower Extract,Linum Usitatissimum Flower Extract,Isostearyl Neopentanoate,Dipalmitoylethyl Hydroxyethylmonium Methosulfate,Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride,Myristyl Alcohol,Caramel Gardenia Tahitensis Flower Extract,Rosa Canina Flower Extract,Bisabolol,Cetyl Esters,Cetearyl Alcohol,Cetrimonium Chloride,BHT,Citric Acid,Glycine Soja Oil / Soybean Oil,Parfum / Fragrance,Please check back of pack for up to date ingredients

Summing Up

I have spent a lot over the years on conditioners with varying results. From cheap to premium brands and L'Oreal is one of my favourites anyway but this has really surpassed any of my expectations. It leaves my hair looking and feeling very soft and smooth and I am very happy with the results of this conditioner.

It is often on offer as well and most of the time when I buy a 400ml bottle of this conditioner, I pay around £2 which I think is an excellent price as I would happily pay a lot more than that for a decent conditioner. While I find that conditioners can work differently for different people, I am really happy with the results of this one and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a decent conditioner for a low price.

• snow_drops published 06/11/2016

Manufacturer: L'Oreal

Genre: Conditioner

Type: Hair Care

Listed on Ciao since: 07/02/2016

L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Conditioner - Review - This conditioner really is extraordinary

euphie 5

euphie

About me: Will be back every now and again - thanks everyone for all the rates over the years

Member since:21.09.2012

This conditioner really is extraordinary

08.02.2016

Advantages:
Cheap, really makes a difference to my dry, damaged hair

Disadvantages:
Bottle can leak

Does it smell good?

What hair type is it for?

Why did you buy it?Low Price

75 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  2. justarube
  3. Scotlass712

The Conditioner

• Rosa Canina (Rose)
  • Chamomilla Recuita (Chamomile)
  • Linum Usitatissimum (Flax)
  • Nelumbium Speciosum (Lotus)
  • Gardenia Tahitensis (Tiara)

Packaging

This conditioner should be used within 12 months of opening.
In Use

The conditioner itself is a pale golden colour and is slightly iridescent as well it almost looks glittery in the light. It is quite thick but melts easily onto my hair. I find that I don't need a massive amount of conditioner either and around a golf ball sized amount is enough to cover my long hair. As soon as I apply this to the lengths of my hair, it melts onto my hair and almost instantly, I can feel a positive effect on the texture of my hair. A lot of conditioners I feel sit on my hair rather than penetrating into my hair but I really do feel as though this one does seem to melt onto my hair and penetrates through the top layers to leave my hair looking and feeling a lot less dry and damaged.

My thoughts

Price and Availability

This normally retails at around 4 for a 400ml bottle of conditioner but it always seems to be on offer in some chemist somewhere. I have bought this a few times now and I pay around 2 - 3 for a 400ml bottle of conditioner. I tend to stock up when it's on offer but I would happily pay full price for this as it's such a great conditioner. It has become my go-to conditioner and I would recommend it to anyone who has dry, damaged hair. I always thought that L'Oreal conditioners are one of the best but I found that this is certainly my favourite out of any L'Oreal conditioners and one that I can guarantee will make a real difference to the condition to my hair.
Ingredients

Summing Up

It is often on offer as well and most of the time when I buy a 400ml bottle of this conditioner, I pay around 2 which I think is an excellent price as I would happily pay a lot more than that for a decent conditioner. While I find that conditioners can work differently for different people, I am really happy with the results of this one and recommend it to anyone who is looking for a decent conditioner for a low price.

Pictures
L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Conditioner IMG_0994 - L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Nouris
L'Oreal Elvive Extraordinary Oil Nourishing Conditioner

Write your own review Report a problem with this reviews content

snow_drops 06.11.2016 20:38