L'Oreal Elvive Styliste Mousse Non-Stop Volume Extra Firm Control

L'Oreal Elvive Styliste Mousse Non-Stop Volume Extra Firm Control

Review of "L'Oreal Elvive Styliste Mousse Non-Stop Volume Extra Firm Control"

published 08/06/2015 | Picklewest
Member since : 29/01/2015
I have just learnt the term POW and apparently it's now all over
Pro Weighs hair down well, adds some volume and rinses out easily
Cons None
Staying power
How does your hair feel after use?

"My Favourite Mousse"

L'Oreal Elvive Styliste Mousse Exta Volume

L'Oreal Elvive Styliste Mousse Exta Volume

My Hair Requirements

I have curly hair that is only manageable when styling wet. If left without ashy styling product my hair goes light and frizzy. Mixed with this my hair tends to look a little thin if not styled well. As a result I look for a product that will weigh my hair down a bit, help define the curls and add a bit of volume.

My Purchase

I am not very loyal with hair care brands or products but this L'Oreal Elvive Extra Volume mousse is one that I repeatedly buy particularly when it is on special offer.

I bought this mousse from my local Tesco store which is where I buy the majority of my hair care products. I paid £3 for this mousse which is to be honest more than I like to spend. In the past this mousse has been on special offer at half price or 2 for £3.50 and sometimes I do try to hold out for this on special offer.

Using The Product

Shake the bottle well and press down on the top. I use about 2-3 balls of mousse and out it though my wet hair after applying a hair serum. The mousse feels soft on my hair as compared to some other mousses which make my hair feel a little straw like.

This is one of my favourite mousses as it helps define my curls and weigh them down whilst adding some volume and seemingly thickening up my hair. Some mousses make my hair sticky and as long as I do not apply too much I have no problem with this or white bits on the scalp which can also happen when using a mousse from a different brand.

I like that this bottle has an 'expert advise' section as I have not seen this on other products. Thus section reads 'shake well and turn upside down to dispense 2-3 balls of mousse into your hand. To achieve maximum volume work into the hair from roots to tips, dry with your head upside down using a round brush whilst blow drying.'

I find the advise on the tin useful, although, having curly hair with a frizz tendency blow drying with a brush is not an option for me although I'm sure it would suit some people.

Longevity

I can apply this product in the morning and still feel the effects until I go to sleep. It keeps my hair under control all day long and my hair is the same once it is dry until I sleep or rinse it out. I wet my hair in the shower each morning and even when I don't shampoo my hair this mousse rinses out easily.

I do not use this mousse everyday as I tend to always have a few mousses on the go and change which one I use day to day. As a result it is difficult to say how long a 150ml can lasts me but if I guessed I would have to say it would last a week or just over using it once a day.

Summary

This is one of my favourite hair mousses, my hair feels good and under control once I have applied this. I always look out for this product especially when on specials offer, however, I can't give it 5 stars as it is not good enough to convert me to use this one every day.

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 01/02/2017