L'Oreal Elvive for Men Thickening Shampoo

L'Oreal Elvive for Men Thickening Shampoo

Shampoo

Review of "L'Oreal Elvive for Men Thickening Shampoo"

published 03/05/2003 | purebitch
Member since : 23/01/2002
Pro Impressive results, smells really nice, a little goes a long way.
Cons It says it is just for men!
Does it smell good?
What hair type is it for?

"Why Should Only You Men Benefit"

Now I know what you are all thinking. "Why is a woman using a mans product?" Let me explain. I took a shower and this was the only shampoo we had. I decided to give it a go as any shampoo is better than no shampoo. Right? Well, in this case, Yes.

***********************PACKAGING**********************

The bottle that this product comes in is the same as any other plastic shampoo bottle. The colour of the bottle is silver and it has a flip top lid.

On the front of the bottle there is a clear sticker that has bold writing on it and a splash of colour. This sticker tells you the name of this product, frequesncy of use, hair type to use it on and a little about the product.

On the back of the bottle there is another clear sticker which tells you more about the product, the directions of use, the ingredients and the makers details. It also informs you of the amount inside.

******************ABOUT THE PRODUCT*******************

This shampoo was designed by L'oreal for men with thinning hair. It is relatively new to the market and it claims it can strengthen, thicken and add body and control to your hair.

It claims on the back of the bottle that after 10 years of research L'oreal have managed to duplicate one of the essential natural ingredients that is vital to the hair, and they have combined that with an active agent to create Regenium-XY.

It is the Regenium-XY that works with your hair to achieve the results this product claims it can.

******************DIRECTIONS OF USE*******************

There is no special technique to this shampoo, you simply wet your hair, work in the shampoo and rinse. There is no waiting time for it to start working. You then style as you would normally.

*************************SMELL************************

This product smells really nice, considering it is a mans product. It is not at all too masculine, in fact it is very pleasant.

It is hard for me to explain the exact smell as I am not sure what it smells like. The best way for me to describe it is clean, frsh and soapy.

***********************APPEARANCE*********************

The shampoo is a pearly white in colour and it is quite thick. It is not that thick that it is hard to work with, but it is not that thin that it drips everywhere. The consistancy is just right. It is smooth and slippery to the touch and it is easy to work up into a lather.

*********************AMOUNT TO USE********************

We all use different amounts when it comes to things like this, but I have to say that a little goes a long way. I have shoulder length, thin hair and a small amount in the palm of my hand is all that I need.

*************************RESULTS**********************

After washing my hair with this product once, I now wont use anything else. I really was that impressed.

My hair has looked dull and lifeless for a while now, but I can honestly say I look like I have new hair! The colour is cleaner and more radiant, my hair appears to be thicker and fuller and it is so much more manageable.

My boyfriend actually commented after the frist time I used this product that my hair looks in the best condition it ever has! He also spent ages with his face burried in it, because it smelt really nice. Now trust me when I say, this is some compliment for me.

**********************LASTABILITY*********************

Smell = The smell of this product will easily last for a good few hours. It starts to fade after this, but it is still slightly smellable at the end of the day.

Fullness/Thickness = I wash my hair every two days, as every day seems to cause more damage but I am happy to say that the thickness and fullness that this product provides lasts easily for two days, meaning it is still nice and thick and full when I rewash it.

Managability = I have also found that I am able to control my hair for longer aswell. Usually after I have slept on my hair I can not do anything with it as it sticks all over the place but with this product I can get up in the maorning and brush my hair with no knots, tangles or flyaway bits.

The bottle = Like I said I was my hair every two days and I only use a small amount so one bottle of this product can easily last me three weeks. (if I hide it from everyones else!)

************************PRICE*************************

This product can be bought from most supermarkets, drugstores or beauty shops and it is priced roughtly at around £2.20 for 300ml and £1.50 for 200ml.

***********************MY OPINION*********************

I know it is meant to be a mans product, but I love it! The effect it has on my hair really makes me smile as it is now in the best condition it has been for years. This product will definately become a permanant fixture in my bathroom cupboard from now on.

I love the smell, the ease of use, the results it provides and most of all the price. I am more than happy to pay the asking price as it really is worth every penny.

In my eyes this is the best hair care product on the market at the moment and I am going to stock up on it, so that I never run out. Why should you men be the only ones to benefit from this marvelous product. If you want it, you will have to beat me to the check out!

***********************GOOD POINTS********************