L'Oreal Feria Color

L'Oreal Feria Color

Hair Colour

Review of "L'Oreal Feria Color"

published 30/06/2002 | Lovin_Angel
Member since : 27/06/2002
Pro More vibrant colour
Cons None at all!!
How easy is to apply?
How did the colour meet your expectations?

"NEW Color Booster..."

As someone who has dyed their hair for 11 years since the age of 12 I am always on the look out for a new product that promises great end results. I have been using the L’Oreal Recital Les Noirs Richesse in Black/blue or Black/purple and was happy with that until I had the urge to be more daring and have a change of colour. So, whilst in Superdrug I spotted the sign that said: NEW and on the shelf below it was: L’Oreal Feria Color Booster technology!

The Product:
I got colour P48 Pure Purple Power (intense violet). It still has all the things that normal Feria color has but with a new addition of a little tube of pure colour that you add to the colour developer bottle at the time of mixing. It is this that creates the New ‘Ultra Visible Shade’. This is a permanent colour so it does not wash out, but it will grow out. Development time is 30 minutes and they advise you not to use this shade if you have more than 30% grey hair.

The contents of the box:
1 bottle of colourant gel 60ml
1 applicator bottle containing developer 60ml
Colour booster concentrate 3ml
1 tube of nutri-protective conditioning shampoo 44ml
1 pair of professional quality gloves
1 instruction leaflet

The first step was to wet my hair and towel dry. Some of the dye’s require dry hair which I personally prefer as you can see which bits have been missed as they will be the bits that are still dry. Yet I did as they say and towel dried my hair. I then had to mix the products together.

Preparing the mixture:
Pour all the colourant gel into the applicator bottle that already contains the developer. Then you open the tube of Colour Booster concentrate and squeeze all of that in too. This is the new addition to the mixture and when I squeezed it in the intense rich blood like colour amazed me. Seeing this made me more confident that I would get the result I wanted as it was literally a little tube of pure colour!
The last stage was to shake vigorously and snap the top off, and then you are ready to apply!

Applying:
This was smooth and easy to apply. Starting at the roots and working your way towards the ends of the hair making sure your hair is completely covered. You are advised to use all of the mixture even if you have short hair to obtain maximum results. It is difficult not to get dye on your ears and forehead but once I had applied all of the dye I used a baby wipe to go round my hairline and my ears to remove any dye that may be staining my skin. For those of you who do not have baby wipes handy, a cotton wool with a bit of shampoo or baby lotion on it should have the same effect. Then it is a case of finding something else to do for 30 minutes while the dye takes effect.

After 30 minutes:
Add a little warm water to your hair and work into a lather. This never works on my hair for some reason. I have never been able to work it into a lather. In this case there is so much dye that I seemed to just make an awful mess by trying to lather it so I gave up with that and proceeded to rinse my hair and wait for the water to run clear (yeah right!) The water NEVER runs clear! Or it might be just me so I wait until in this case it is a very pale shade of pink then I add half the tube of Nutri-Protective Conditioning Shampoo rinse, add the other half of the tube then rinse thoroughly! Finally wrapping my head up in a towel and hunting for the hairdryer.

The Result:
WOW!! I blow-dried my hair and the end result was an intense purple colour. Not an exact match to the one on the box but it was good enough for me. It was probably the most vibrant colour I have ever seen and once I had stepped out into the sunlight people commented on my new colour! The whole package was impressive; the gloves were comfy, the products easy to mix, the instructions easy to follow and for £5.39 I think it is one of the best on the market. I will definitely be buying this again.

• KarenUK published 23/11/2002
    My hair is dyed blonde, but I'm thinking of changing it & I fancy either purple or maybe some reddish shade...
  • Klara13 published 02/07/2002
    Bit of a cowered when it comes to dying hair, but this sounds a very good product. Lizzie
  • tabyorky published 02/07/2002
    I dye my hair too but not tried this one before, so might have to try it out.