Review of "L'Oreal Hydra Genius"

published 18/10/2017 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Good
Pro refreshes skin, kind to skin, doesn't cause irritation
Cons left skin feeling slightly tacky, wasn't all that moisturising
How easily is it absorbed?

"Just an Average Moisturiser."

= = = = = =
The Product
= = = = = =
I am always on the look-out for new beauty products and I like an offer so if I see a new product on offer, I tend to take advantage of it and treat myself to something. I actually saw my friend post a picture of this product on Facebook around a month ago and she was saying how good the product is so when I saw it on offer recently I thought I would give it a go to see what it was like. This product comes in three different versions (Normal to Dry Skin, Combination Skin and Sensitive Skin), but this review is based on the Normal to Dry Skin version of this product. I think this product is more like a gel than it is a cream; although L’Oreal claim that the product is as fresh as water and as hydrating as a cream. This product enriched with Aloe Water and Hyaluronic Acid instantly refreshes skin and locks in moisture for 72hrs. The gel like product is immediately absorbed and penetrates deeply for a healthy-looking glow. This product sounded great and as my friend spoke very highly about it I had high hopes from the product. I do suffer from slightly dry skin sometimes, especially when the weather turns colder so I do always tend to use a product on my skin that’s very moisturising. I tend to stay away from greasy creams and much prefer something that feels refreshing and light on the skin so this sounded perfect.

Packaging
= = = = =
The bottle of product comes in a glass pump bottle which then comes in a box. The box is a metallic blue like colour and it clearly states the brand name on the front of the packaging as well as what the product. It states what skin type the product is for which in this case is Normal to Dry skin. On one side of the box it tells you a little about the product and also lists the ingredients. On the back of the box it tells you about two of the main ingredients in the product (Pure Aloe Vera Sap and Hyaluronic Acid) and it also tells you how to use the product. I no longer have the box for the product but you may want to keep hold of it for future reference as the ingredients to the product are not listed on the bottle. The bottle is made from glass and is square in shape. It has a pump on the top of the bottle which is a metallic blue colour. A clear plastic lid cover the top of the pump. On the front of the bottle it states the brand and the name of the product and on the back it tells you how to use the product. Due to the bottle being made from glass it does make it fairly heavy compared to if it was in a plastic pump bottle. The bottle itself is clear so you can clearly see that the colour of the product is a light blue colour. I like the fact that the bottle is clear as it means you can clearly see when you are running low on the product.

Price/Availability
= = = = = = = =
You can purchase this from Boots and Superdrug stores and from their websites. Prices may vary during different times of the year and due to different offers; how-ever this is currently priced at £6.65 in Superdrug as it’s on offer and in Boots its priced at £9.99 which is for 70ml of the product. The product generally retails at around £9.99 at full price.

= = = = = = = = =
Using the Product
= = = = = = = = =
To use the product L’Oreal suggest applying the product every morning and evening alone or after applying a serum. Apply one pump to your face and neck using the product instead of your normal moisturiser. I don’t use a serum so after using cleanser and toner on my face to cleanse I then apply the product to my skin. When you first use the product you will need to press down on the pump a few times in order to dispense the product. One pump of the product is definitely enough as a little of this product goes a long way. The product is a light blue colour and has a shiny appearance to it. The product is like a gel although it’s not as thick and it a little more runny. I didn’t notice any real smell the product until I applied it to my skin. The product is easy to apply and it felt cooling as I applied it to my skin. I found the product refreshing and cooling which was nice. The product does have a scent to it; how-ever the scent is very light and pleasant and smells fresh. After applying the product to my face and neck I did feel as though my skin was slightly tacky and the product didn’t sink into my skin as quick as I thought it would.

= = = =
Results
= = = =
After applying the product to my skin, although my skin felt fresh, I can’t really say that I thought it felt as moisturised as I expected it to be when feeling my skin with my hand. The product felt light on my skin which was nice and I didn’t have any reactions to using the product which was good. I applied the product in the morning and during the day although my skin didn’t feel tight or dry, again when feeling my face with my hand, I still didn’t think it felt particularly moisturised and in fact my previous cream made my skin feel a lot better than this one did. I did give the product a few more chances and have used the product again, but again I still expected my skin to feel a lot more moisturised than what it actually did. The product didn’t clog my pores at all and it didn’t give me any spots or cause any break-outs which was good. In terms of the look of my skin after using the product although my skin looked moisturised, I didn’t feel as though it looked that radiant, but at the same time it didn’t make my skin look dull either. I used this product for about a week and then decided to go back to using my previous product as I felt as though my skin felt better than when it did when I used this product.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = =
I haven’t ever really used many of L’Oreal skincare products; how-ever I know they do some good products from reviews that I have read on various sites. I did only really purchase this due to the good things my friend said about it and due to the fact that it happened to be on offer when I popped into my local Superdrug store recently. The product looks nice and it does come in nice packaging. The fact that the bottle is made from glass doesn’t really bother me. I love the texture and the light-weight feel of the product and I like that it’s not greasy like some creams and lotions. I don’t really like heavily scented products so I like the fact that this product is only ever so slightly scented and once applied I couldn’t really smell it. As a little of the product goes a long way, if using this every day I imagine the product would last a fair amount of time. The product feels nice on the skin but I didn’t like the slight tacky feel it gave my skin shortly after applying it; although the tacky feeling didn’t last for very long. In terms of moisturising my skin I wasn’t all that impressed with the product. The product didn’t dry out my skin but at the same time my skin didn’t feel as moisturised as I thought it would and my skin didn’t feel that smooth and soft like it does when using my previous product. In terms of value, the product is around average for this type of skin care product; how-ever due to the fact that I wasn’t that impressed with it and I didn’t find it very moisturising, I won’t be purchasing it again. I have actually given the rest of the product to my sister to use.

Ingredients
= = = = =
Aqua / Water, Glycerin Soin Testé Sous Contrôle Dermatologique, A Lcoho L Denat., D Imethi Cone, Hydroxyethylpiperazine Ethane Sulfonic Acid, Pentylene Glycol, Peg-20 Methyl GlucoseSesquistearate, Peg-60 Hydrogenated CastorOil, Silanetriol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Sodium Hyaluronate, Sodium Hydroxide, Silica Dimethyl Silylate [Nano] / Silica DimethylSilylate, Hyaluronic Acid, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate , Disodium Edta, Caprylyl Glycol, Citric Acid, Xanthan Gum, T-Butyl Alcohol, Betula AlbaJuice, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Octyldodecanol, Butylene Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Tocopherol, Potassium Sorbate, Sorbic Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Phenoxyethanol, Ci 42090 /Blue 1, Linalool, Limonene, Parfum /Fragrance

• euphie published 23/10/2017