Review of "L'Oréal Kids 2 in 1 Shampoo - So Strawberry"

published 19/01/2011 | bexx0907
Member since : 23/06/2009
Many thanks for all the R/R/C's, all much appreciated! Try to ensure I return the favour for all, but if I do miss you then give me a shout so I can get onto it!
Pro Smells divine, does a good job
Cons None really
Does it smell good?

"L'oreal Kids 2in1 Strawberry Shampoo"

I have to be quite careful when it comes to shampoo for my sons hair as he suffers from a bit of eczema now and again and I have found that some shampoos dry his scalp out more than others. The l’oreal range of kids shampoos seem to be the best in my opinion so I tend to stick to this brand nowadays.

They have quite a vast range nowadays, but the one I used most recently was their strawberry 2in1 shampoo. My son was very unimpressed when I brought this bottle home as it was a lovely girly pink colour – not something that impressed my 7 year old son at all. Once I had explained to him though that the pinkness of the bottle was because it was strawberry flavoured, and not because it was for girls, he soon came around.

I have to admit, this shampoo does look like it is more aimed at girls than boys, especially as it is a 2in1 shampoo which means it contains conditioning agents too, and lets face it most young boys have short enough hair that it doesn’t need much conditioning. I brought it though because I just adore the smell of strawberries and hoped that it would leave a lovely sweet strawberry smell on my sons hair after use. I also hoped that as it does contain conditioning agents, that it wouldn’t dry his scalp out and would also leave, what little hair he has got, clean, fresh and shiny.

One battle we always tend to have when washing my son’s hair is when the shampoo gets in his eyes. He really screams when shampoo gets in his eyes and I don’t blame him as I personally hate this too. As this one claims to be mild and gentle and have a ‘no tears’ formula, I hoped that this may combat his fear of having shampoo in his eyes.

We found out that although this shampoo does sting his eyes still, it really doesn’t seem to cause him as much irritation as previous brands we have tried such as Johnsons and Tescos own range for children. He certainly didn’t like the shampoo in his eyes still and did make a bit of a fuss, but not to the extent we normally get it. He said it stung a little but not as bad so it did do what it promised to a certain extent, but any improvement on his usual screaming was greatly received by me. It also claims to have a ‘no knots’ formula which is obviously the conditioning part of the shampoo. I can’t really comment on this as my sons hair isn’t long enough to get knotty, but I did sneakily try some on my hair once as I loved the smell of it and whilst it wasn’t really strong enough to clean my hair as I would like, I have to admit it didn’t leave it very knotty which is a problem I do suffer with so I guess that on a child’s hair, this is another promise which is shampoo would fulfil.

Price wise, this isn’t actually much more expensive than the very similar Tescos range for children. The shampoo comes in a 250ml recyclable plastic bottle and generally seems to retail at around £2.50 which I think is really good value for money as you only need an amount of a one pence piece to cover the whole head with a boy (you will obviously need a little more if you have a girl with longer hair). Even then though, this shampoo lathers so well that you only need a miniscule amount to cover a large section of hair so a bottle will last you a good while before needing replacing.

As hoped, this shampoo left a lovely fruity smell after use and the smell was far greater than others I have tried and I mean this in a positive way. So far, with using this shampoo it seems to have done the trick in leaving his hair clean and soft whilst not drying his scalp out or irritating his eczema either. The added bonus that it doesn’t irritate his eyes either proves to me that this shampoo really is as mild and gentle as they state. There are no false promises with this shampoo and it really does everything it says on the tin (or bottle!). I have no hesitation in recommending this shampoo to all with children it really is great in every way.

• loopy-lou33 published 20/01/2011
    love the smell!
  • sbeach000 published 19/01/2011
    Very nicely reviewed :)
  • noodlebutty published 19/01/2011
    I'm using this for my daughter at the moment