Review of "L'Oréal Kids 2 in 1 Shampoo - So Strawberry"

published 13/10/2011 | Wee_Jackie_163
Member since : 13/03/2009
~ Dipping my toe back in... ~
Pro Gorgeous smell, feels pleasant to use, great for kids!!
Cons None for me!
Does it smell good?

"Scrumptious Strawberry Shampoo!!"

I first discovered the ‘L’Oreal Kids’ range of hair care products a while back when I was looking for something new to try out. I remember being reasonably impressed at the time, but not enough to convert to the brand fully. On a recent family holiday abroad however, I was re-introduced to the range courtesy of my young nephew (he is almost 2) as his silly aunty had forgotten to pack her own shampoo and conditioner products and so she had to share his!

The product that I used recently (and have used several times overall) is the “L’Oreal Kids So Strawberry 2 in 1 Shampoo”, which is a shampoo with a conditioning product added to it, hence the ‘2in1’ aspect of the product.

The bottle is made of bright pink-coloured plastic which I believe can be widely recycled. This particular range of products have a very eye-catching design, in that all of the bottles in the range are shaped to look like little fish. There is an eye on the front of the bottle and even the plastic lid on the end of the bottle looks like a mouth. This certainly made the product appealing to my young nephew who happily played with the bottle in the bathtub each evening whilst he was getting washed.

The 250ml bottle of shampoo costs around £2 and is widely available from drugstores such as Boots and Superdrug, as well as larger supermarkets such as Tesco.

It is worth pointing out, for those of you who are parents, that the L’Oreal Kids Strawberry Shampoo has a ‘no tears’ formula, so it is safe to use on infants and youngsters. In addition, the product claims to have a ‘no knots’ formula, thanks to the softening qualities contained therein, so it is easy to see that this is a product that has been specifically formulated for those younger members of the family.

The L’Oreal shampoo is easy to dispense from the chunky plastic bottle as the bottle is not made of plastic that is overly thick or robust, and I found it easy to dispense the liquid even with wet hands. Also, the liquid shampoo was not overly runny or messy to use, but neither was it so thick that it felt gloopy or unpleasant on my hair. In actual fact, I felt the consistency was just right, which surprised me slightly; I think I had been expecting the shampoo to be thin and runny somehow!

The shampoo is of course fragranced with strawberry, and this is evident almost as soon as it is dispensed from the bottle. The smell is one that I find absolutely gorgeous - it is very sweet, although not at all sickly, nor is it over-powering. I thought that the product was a very uplifting one to use when I was on holiday recently due to it being so fruity and fresh and I cannot fault this aspect of the product at all.

The L’Oreal shampoo lathered up easily and quickly in my shoulder-length hair and I thought it felt quite pleasant whilst I was using it to wash my hair. This was helped of course, by the gorgeous fragrance that was evident as I shampooed the product through my hair. The first time that I tried out this product on my hair, I used it by itself and dried my hair as normal which I was slightly dubious about doing, as I usually use a separate shampoo and conditioner on my hair. To be fair, the L’Oreal 2in1 Shampoo did a reasonable job at removing the tangles and knots in my thick hair, but I felt it left my hair looking slightly ‘flyaway’ and anyway I prefer to protect my coloured hair, so I opted to use a coloured conditioner (borrowed from my sister) after using the L’Oreal 2in1 shampoo for the remainder of the holiday. I think if I had been really stuck then the product would have reasonably conditioned my hair, but not to the same extent as using a separate conditioning product, understandably.

I felt that the L’Oreal shampoo left my hair squeaky clean and with a healthy shine to it, whilst being quite soft to the touch. It worked well for me as it was easy to use and without a lot of the ‘fuss’ that a lot of hair care products seem to have nowadays. I also felt that the product didn’t leave my hair feeling at all ‘heavy’ or with any sort of greasy residue or anything left behind and I was impressed with the results achieved.

Overall, I really liked the L’Oreal Kids Strawberry 2in1 Shampoo and have actually just purchased my own bottle, such was my love affair with this little product on my recent holiday! I will need to continue to use my separate conditioner with the product but that’s fine with me and I’m willing to compromise on that point.

• eve6kicksass published 15/10/2011
    Sweet review! x
  • LadyValkyrie published 14/10/2011
    I didn't know L'Oreal did a kids range, however my son is very rigid and loves his Boots almond and coconut shampoo so there'd be no point me buying any!
  • kgray71 published 13/10/2011
    Good review, have seen this about but did not realise it had the no more tears formula x