Review of "L'Oreal Kids"

published 19/10/2004 | truthhurts
Member since : 09/10/2004
Pro smell, packaging, results - wicked!!
Cons Bit expensive from most shops!
How gentle is it?
Fragrance
Does the product work?
Tangle free agents

"It's not for you, mummy!!!"

If, like me, you are a huge fan of 'proper' kids toiletries for kids (toothpaste, mouthwashes, shampoos, soaps, etc) then i would recommend trying this.

I first noticed it in boots (hard to miss really, with the bright coloours used!!), where it was about £2.49 a bottle, and remember thinking it was a bit expensive, being as my lad likes to sneak into the bathroom and use a whole bottle of shampoo washing his hands, if he gets the chance.

I nipped into bodycare, however, and it was only £1.39, so i thought i would give it a try.

It turns out that while i was at work that day, my 4 year old muck magnet had somehow managed to dip his head into a tin of white emulsion, so what better time to try his new shampoo!!

Slung him in the bath, and first thing i noticed about the bottle, was how sturdy the lid was, it's not hard to open, but hard enough to stop little hands getting into it.

The next thing was the absolutly gorgeous smell, i tried the Tropical Fruit scent, for normal hair, it's smells just like tropical fruit juice!!

I tried a small blob (although all that paint did take some scrubbing) and it lathered up really quickly, good if your kids don't like having their hair washed, cos you can get it over and done with.

I scrubbed for a few minutes, admittedly, it didn't get all the paint out, but i didn't really expect it to either, although i shampood a second time and there was no sign of white anywhere! Great!

I have since used this every night on my son, he has pale blonde hair, that gets dirty very easily - but this makes it look really clean, and even removes all traces of his hair gel!! (yes - i know he's only four, but i don't use much on him - it was his barber who got him into it because his hairs quite thick, and sticks up everywhere first thing in the morning!!)

I love the way his hair smells after using this, it lingers all day so he always smells clean. It also leaves his hair lovely and shiny.

The bottle says -

Extra Gentle - 2 in 1 shampoo - no tears! no knots!

L'oreal kids is so gentle, it's tear free, tested under ophthamologist control.

It also claims to stop flyaway hair

There's the contact details on there, too.

I can vouch for the fact it's gentle on the eyes, although i'm not one to pussy-foot round my kid, i just pour the jug of water straight over his head (and he's used to it by now), i've always been careful not to get shampoo in his eyes, just in case, but the first time this got in his eyes, he wasn't all that bothered, just asked for a towel so he could wipe his eye!!

Definatly worth a try, my baby loves the smell, and feel quite grown up with all the different products.

I tried to grape conditioner aswell, although his hair didn't need it, the smell was to die for, so i used it myself, and got a telling off from him, for using his stuff!! The conditioner is one of the best i've used, leaves your hair super soft, softer than any created for us women that are currently on the market!! and again, the lovely smell lingers all day, so your hair always smells lovely!!

I've only put 'good' down in the value for money section, because i don't think it's right to charge so much for a kids product, it costs the same as most ladies brands!! but if you have a local bodycare, i'd nip down and invest in a bottle!!

• MAFARRIMOND published 20/10/2004
    An entertaining review - it sounds like a good shampoo. Maureen
  • motherjoanb published 19/10/2004
    Wish there had been stuff like this around when my kids were small, it sounds good. great review. Joan x
  • we_minx published 19/10/2004
    sounds like a wee devil you have on your hands!! Good review! Charlene