L'Oreal Men Expert Carbon Protect 4 in 1 Anti-Perspirant Deodorant

L'Oreal Men Expert Carbon Protect 4 in 1 Anti-Perspirant Deodorant

Review of "L'Oreal Men Expert Carbon Protect 4 in 1 Anti-Perspirant Deodorant"

published 06/05/2016 | Nar2
Member since : 26/05/2011
Ty for all r/r/c's, kind words & E's where applicable & Ty for my Diamond. Finally got to Gold.
Pro No alcohol, long lasting ability to keep me dry, reliable, pleasant scent, economical
Cons Tall body & slippery feel despite stylised tapering, plenty of chemicals incl.Limonene
Staying Power
How does it affect your skin?
Does it smell good?

"Sporty, Woody And Minty Charms Without Painful Underarms!"

L'Oreal Men Expert Carbon Protect 4 in 1 Anti-Perspirant Deodorant - Content/ingredients.

When it comes to deodorants and anti-perspirants, my under arms tend to prefer roll on dry products that have a tendency to wet the hair temporarily before drying out and keeping me fresh. I don’t tend to buy a spray type unless something stands out. Recently when shopping around my local Boots pharmacy I noticed a new product line by L’Oreal Men Expert. When I say “new” it is new to me even if this product line has been available for some time.

The L’Oreal Men Expert Carbon Protect 4 in 1 Antiperspirant seemed to appeal to my senses at the time. Boots are currently charging £1-59 for the 150ml sized spray aerosol down from a claimed £3-19 (product code 5032393) whilst other prices tend to be a bit more expensive from £2-00 (Tesco Groceries, product code 272483869) to £2-69 (Superdrug, product code 374153) clearly illustrating that it pays to shop around. Amazon UK appear to be selling this product at £3-29 (product code B008I3NA5I)

The general product promise released by L’Oreal Men Expert conveys:

Innovation 4 in 1 carbon protect - total protection 48H: 4 in 1 high efficacy technology.

Formula enriched with carbon. Fights all signs of perspiration.

Long-lasting anti-odour system. Ultra absorbent Micro Captors to help combat wetness.

General Impressions and Design

The macho black and silver spray canister presented before me is fairly busy and typical of a L’Oreal Men Expert product; plenty of claims, plenty of small font writing to peer at and all the while in a stylised, easy to grab and store spray can with a clear pull off plastic cap. There’s a strong degree of sportiness about the spray can as well, no doubt designed to pull in male buyers who are after something that looks professional with a bright orange sporty like top collar and press down dispersal button, also shrouded in orange with a black ribbed push button.

I can’t quite get past the fact that despite the colours of blacks, blues and silver dominating the main design, L’Oreal Men Expert has failed to give the can a grippy texture. The brushed like stainless steel texture is very slippery to the touch and without the can tapering in the middle, I would probably drop this spray can if it wasn’t so hand shaped. At least the spray can is distinctive enough to spot amongst the busy products in my bathroom. It is a pity that the total height of the spray can is 15cm, which isn’t exactly compact for me if throwing it into a sports bag or generally travelling with.

What attracts me the most about this product is its scent, as I find L’Oreal Men Expert Carbon Protect 4 in 1 spray has a thick wave of woodiness about it, as well as a light and calming but complex composition of light and fresh cologne, a little touch of citrus orange and a great dose of spearmint about the scent body, no doubt reinforcing the claim of an “Ice” fragrance. It reminds me of many quality and non-synthetic European aftershaves and body sprays for men, no doubt reinforcing the “Made in France” sub-writing also found at the back of the can.

The fragrance is undoubtedly fresh but also has a cooling texture that I quite appreciate. I would imagine that this is the ideal kind of spray to wear in hot environments and currently at work, I am working in warmish conditions unexpected at this time of year. It couldn’t be more apt for my work conditions, alone…

Content wise, it is no surprise to find that this spray has a lot of chemicals added to it. I wouldn’t expect anything less with L’Oreal Men Expert but it is a pity that whilst it claims to be dermatologically tested and has no alcohol added, it has Limonene within its many additives, which is a known cancer related ingredient. Like other aerosol sprays on the market, this antiperspirant spray also carries a flammable warning.

General Performance & Downsides

I don’t tend to stain bright clothing despite at times having an over loading amount of sweat built up at work. From running around classrooms to running up stairs, carrying instruments, various resources and still have time to teach, its no wonder that working at a school can probably be one of the healthiest places to be! I am constantly on my feet for around 12 hours of the day and my body gets a great work out if I am asked to cover classes outwith my department.

L’Oreal Men Expert Carbon Protect 4 in 1 seems to be a very impressive spray that lines my underarms with a gentle spray mist and lands on the skin which quickly absorbs without any feeling of stickiness. The usual usage directions of this spray dictates that the spray must be held away from underarms by 15cm when applying to underarms.

However, upon delivery I find there’s the same cooling effect from the fresh and pleasing minty fragrance that also cools my skin a little and it all seems to be a very caring mixture that appears to go on without drama. No freezing feelings but just a mild and slightly cold feeling can be felt whenever I apply the spray to my underarms. I like how L’Oreal Men Expert’s product manages to keep me dry throughout the average working day and keeps me from sweating badly but without abrasion to my skin and without any itching in the process.

Where longevity is concerned, well I find it can be a mixed bag. Compared to how I have used other sprays before, I am pleased to find that this product can last up to 24 hours, but I find it very much depends on the kind of environment I am working in.

If the room temperature is warm to the point that I start to sweat early, the scent of this spray does make itself apparent to my nose. Wetness seems to be well cared for too, which is a pleasant surprise and I am also pleased to find that no painful drying of my skin was achieved with this spray, unlike others I have used in the past.

Certainly the product claim of being able to offer 48 hours of Protection fails with me, since my underarms produce a stale odour but nothing unpleasant. It is clear after 24 hours that the scent dies away quickly, but again it can rise up if the room I am in is very hot versus a cold environment that warrants extra layers of clothing to be worn in tandem.

I notice the complex scent texture is quite understated after a few good hours in colder environments though. It hovers and blends well with my other aftershaves that I use although at work I tend to use a mild aftershave that keeps me clean smelling without being too heady. Out of all the fragrances that I own which have a mix of sportiness about them, or lightly spiced, I was surprised to find how well this Carbon Protect 4 in 1 spray blends well without being too obvious.

The claim of not staining white clothing also seems to be an aspect that works on my clothing. My underarms don’t tend to stain white clothing over a 48 hour period if worn in succession with same colour fresh clothing worn on a day to day basis, but at the same time whilst the product seems to work well on many levels, it seems to be an individual discovery as with all kinds of antipersirant sprays on the market.

L’Oreal Men Expert Carbon Protect 4 in 1 spray is an understated composition of scent backed by a few good additives that appear to work hidden amongst a few eye opening chemical additives that perhaps reminds the owner of the mass corporation of L’Oreal. The compromise is immediate therefore when considering something like this versus a far less additive packed antiperspirant.

Other Sorts & Final Thoughts

There are at least nine other products from L’Oreal Men Expert where antiperspirant sprays are concerned including the “Invincible 96 hour,” and a few others for particular skin conditions including a Sensitive version. Accompanying shower gels and skin moisturisers are also available.

Whilst I feel L’Oreal Men Expert Carbon Protect 4 in 1 spray is a good alternative to roll on products that I am more likely to use, this product is a good alternative if my underarms get fed up of having roll on antiperspirants all of the time. Certainly the fact that I find the spray dries quickly and far more quickly over a liquid roll on reinforces my usage of the spray, I know I will buy it again. It is reliable, nicely scented and economical based on a day application. It remains to be seen how long this spray sticks around on the UK market. I am impressed! Thanks for reading. ©Nar2 2016.

• spanielize published 08/05/2016
    great x
  • fatboyslim published 07/05/2016
    Gets an E from me. I use this and love the smell. I also like the other fragrancies, such as Cool Power.
  • fatboyslim published 07/05/2016