L'Oreal Men Expert Carbon Protect 4 in 1 Anti-Perspirant Deodorant

Review of "L'Oreal Men Expert Carbon Protect 4 in 1 Anti-Perspirant Deodorant"

published 04/01/2017 | justarube
Member since : 09/04/2014
Thank you everyone for all your reads and rates over the years and thanks Ciao for letting me be part of the community. Hope to see some of you on other sites, perhaps. xx
Pro Smells great, is kind to skin, stops wetness from sweating.
Cons Not as powerful as a roll-on, L'oreal test on animals.
Staying Power
How does it affect your skin?
Does it smell good?

"Gotta Be So Macho!"

Introduction

This is a deodorant marketed at men and I'm a woman but I purchased this because it was being sold at a bargain price. I'm generally not really fussy about whether I'm using a product intended for a man anyway and I often prefer such products instead of items from the ranges aimed at women. I've actually noticed that many body products for men tend to be cheaper than the equivalents for ladies so it makes sense to save a few pennies here and there! I'm actually currently using a roll on and a shower gel from the same L'oreal Men Expert range.

Packaging

This is a spray deodorant so it comes in a pressurised 150ml sized metal can. The can is tall and thin with a slight indent half way up. This 'waist' on the can allows you to hold it firmly and means the bottle won't slide through your hand as you grip.

The top has a large plastic button which can be pressed down so that a jet of deodorant comes out of the dispensing nozzle. The button is ridged so your finger won't slip as you press the button down.

The packaging design is interesting since it is intended to look very masculine. The main colour used in the design is black with touches or blue, silver and striking orange dashed around. The design overall reminds me of factories, machinery and technology. The text is big and bold and there is quite an overload of information printed onto the can.

On the front section of the cannister this product is labelled as a "4 in 1" product. The brand state that the product "fights against odour, perspiration, bacteria and yellow stains". They state it provides up to 48 hours of anti-perspirant protection and that it has an "intense ice fragrance".

A list of full ingredients are on the back of the can along with more detailed information about the four elements which this product aims to tackle. The fine print tells me that the formula is "enriched with carbon" which helps "fight all signs of perspiration". The formula also contains "micro captors" which apparently help fight the dampness created by sweating. The formula has no alcohol which could potentially dry out the skin and it has also been dermatologically tested to ensure it is safe for use on the skin.

Directions for use are printed on the can too although you might need a magnifying glass to read them! The reflections from the dark background on the can make the small text very difficult to read but the instructions state that the can should be held at a distance of 15 cm from the body when spraying.

Using The Product

This is the kind of deodorant spray that doesn't come out like a dry powder. It is invisible and it doesn't have any texture so it can be sprayed anywhere on the body. When using the product the deodorant comes out in a very sharp stream so it is easy to direct it where you want. The spray is very cooling, especially if you apply it to the sensitive area under the armpit. It is quite refreshing to use on the soles of the feet, underneath the breasts and behind the knees too.

The product has a lovely fragrance which I'd describe as being like orange zest with a lot of musky notes and spices thrown into the mix. It is definitely a masculine scent but it may be attractive to women who prefer heavier and more complex fragrances. The deodorant makes you smell good as well as providing protection against sweating. It radiates from my skin for hours after first application. I think this product is as powerful as a perfume or aftershave so I don't think anyone will need to use these products if they spray this over most of the body.

The deodorant is rather powerful and it does what it promises. It is perhaps not as powerful as a roll-on deodorant but it does keep me dry and fresh as long as I am not doing any really heavy exercise. I don't rely on this when I know I'm going to be doing something that makes me sweat more than I usually do. I would say this is a deodorant for normal everyday use. I'd recommend using a roll-on in the same range prior to exercising and then using this afterwards during the cool down period.

I have never needed to use this for 48 hours but an application in the morning lasts for the entire day so long as I'm not going to do any hard exercise. It can be reapplied if desired but I would only need to do this to give myself a fresh burst of the fragrance.

The deodorant has never left any marks on my clothing which I'm pleased about. I know that spray deodorants sometimes have a tendency to do this but this one, as I mentioned, seems to have an invisible presence. It dries quickly after touching the skin (much quicker than a roll on deodorant ) and you can not see where it has been sprayed.

The product has been kind to my skin during the time I've used it. In the past I would suffer from dryness under my arms where products would interact with my sweat and 'burn' the skin but this product is very gentle and actually even feels silky soft like a watery moisturiser. At the end of the day the product washes away easily and leaves no marks or dry feeling on the surface of the skin.

Overall Thoughts

I'm happy enough with the product and how it works. Despite the fact that this is aimed at men I really like the fragrance and I'm actually a bit obsessed with the rest of the products in the range too. I would like to use them again in the future.

One thing I dislike about using L'oreal products is their animal testing policy. Unfortunately they DO test their products and/or ingredients on animals so this is something to consider before making a purchase.

Price and Availability

I bought mine for £1 from Amazon.co.uk but it is also available from stores like Boots and Superdrug in the UK. It is currently priced at £2.65 in Boots.

• pgn0 published 06/02/2017
    The deodorant qualities are what count, a shame it is combined with an anti-perspirant... Nicely reviewed.
  • Saraa23 published 21/01/2017