L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation

L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation

Face Make-up - Foundation

Review of "L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation"

published 05/10/2009 | xdonzx
Member since : 25/05/2007
Pro Great Value for Money , Looks Good!
Cons None!
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"* Certainly is a True Match!"

It's only recently that I have really got into make up! Before I would wear a little foundation and mascara , and was quite willing to leave the house without at make up at all! However , now is a different story ; I don't think I could go anywhere without my make up these days , even if it's still only foundation , mascara and eyeliner that I wear , although I do make more of an effort now than I did before. Before , I just used to slap foundation on , put a couple of coats of mascara on , and that was me done. But now , I like to spend at least thirty minutes doing my foundation propely , applying my mascara , etc.

I remember going on holiday to Bournemouth three years ago and finding a MAC store. I remember reading celebrity magazines and reading about which beauty products the celebs used and there would always be mention of a MAC product in there. I decided to go into the shop and enquire about the foundation. They give me a free makeover , and in return , I purchased a bottle of MAC foundation at £18 per bottle! This foundation was good for a while , but because there were no MAC stores around where I live , I had to purchase online , and then I had to use someone else's credit card because I was only sixteen at the time and so didn't have my own credit card! Also another problem was the fact , that I might have run out of foundation on friday and I was going out on saturday night and wouldn't have any foundation for my night out , so that was another reason for me to consider trying a new foundation ; one which I could physically go and buy from a shop!

I tried Boots ; browsing through the aisles , I saw a couple which looked quite good , and it was the Loreal True Match foundation that took my eye. When I asked the lady on the beauty counter about this particular foundation , she said that it was one she would highly reccommend and that it was also very popular! I tried on a few 'shades' and soon found one which suited my skin tone the best ; The Golden Beige shade. I paid approximately £10 for my foundation.

The bottle has a very elegant look to it! It consists of a clear glass bottle , which allows you to see the actual foundation. It looks expensive , and I would consier it a luxury item. Considering it's 'clever' qualities , although I think £10 is quite a lot for foundation , considering you can get cheap ones for £2-3 , I would have expected this product to have been a lot more expensive than it is! It is definately great value for money!

I have been using this foundation for approximately one year now , and have not found any faults with it , which is great , because usally with beauty products , there's usually one thing I really like about them , yet there's always a couple of bad things about them , but with this , it's all good!

Applying the product is fairly straight forward. My way of going about it involves 'squirting' (the bottle has a press down squirty top) a tiny amount (approximately the size of a 5p coin) on the back of my hand , and using my fingertips , using circular movements 'rub' it in. I usually do this for a bout five minutes until I have an even coverage. It blends in very well.

The first thing which stands out for me is that fact that this product matches my skin tone perfectly. I don't know how it does it , but it has some 'special' thing which makes it adjust to your skin tone which I think is brilliant as it really does work and doesn't leave any marks along my jawline , which I find is usally a big problem for me with foundation , regardless of whether the foundation suits my skin or not! But this foundation is great! I think because there are so many shades of this foundation and it 'adjusts' itself to your skin tone , it's great for everyone , because it will suit everyone!

Secondly , another important point when concerning foundation for me , is it's lasting ability! A good foundation , should last a certain amount of hours! I work as a waitress , which involves lots of running around and so this product is good for me as it doesn't 'slide' off or melt! It is a 'very light' foundation yet gives as good coverage as a 'thick foundation'. It stays put until I take it off , which is something I'm very happy about!

While we're on the topic of 'lasting ability' , I am pleased to say that one bottle of this foundation does last a long time ; well for me anyway! I apply this make up at least once a day (sometimes twice) , and a bottle last me at least six weeks which I think is a long time considering how much of it I actually use! The product is quite 'runny' and so I don't need a lot of it , for 'full face coverage'. I like that it last a while , because for me £10 is quite a lot of money to spend on a founadtion an d so it's good that I only have to fork out £10 every month or so!

I often get the odd breakout of spots , especially around my jawline! I find that this foundation provides excellent coverage and covers my blemishes very well. I also like how this foundation makes my skin look really smooth and clear (even if it is hiding a bunch of spots beneath it!). It really does give me a 'flawless' look!

Because this foundation provides such brilliant coverage , it means that I can use it for both day and night. In the day I just add a little mascara and it gives me a 'clear skin' natural (ish!) look , however at night , I apply LOADS of mascara , eyeliner , and blusher and it gives me a much more glamourous look and makes my skin perfect, which is something I love!

Taking the foundation off is simple. I use nivea face wipes and with a few good wipes , the foundation comes off. Considering I only apply a tiny amount , it looks like a lot when it comes off on the wipe.

I would definately reccomend this foundation! It's the best foundation I have ever come across!

Thanks for reading!