L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation

L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation

Face Make-up - Foundation

Review of "L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation"

published 17/04/2012 | linzee_loulabelle
Member since : 26/11/2004
Thank you so much for any E given on a review! I appreciate them so much! Wow... Gold finally! mehimthedogandababy.com
Satisfactory
Pro Lots of colour choice
Cons Doesn't do what it says it will
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"Might be a true match for someone but not me!"

When it comes to make-up, I tend to stick with the same products for a very long time. If I find something that I like I don’t stop using it until I have to normally. My usual foundation is Maybelline Dream Satin liquid foundation and I have been using this one for a good couple of years now. However, when it was close to being empty a few weeks ago I headed in to town to pick up another bottle. When I got to Superdrug, I was a bit horrified as I saw that that foundation had sold out in the colour I use. The only foundation by Maybelline available in my colour was a mousse and I didn’t want that. Not having time to go elsewhere meant me having to pick something else. L’Oreal has a good name so I decided to go with the L’Oreal True Match Foundation.

The L’Oreal stand in Superdrug was right next to Maybelline so for the most part, I chose L’Oreal True Match Foundation due to my laziness and not having the time to look around the whole shop. When I saw this foundation though, it did look impressive and I know that many of my friends use L’Oreal foundation and say that it’s good. Price doesn’t really matter to me when it comes to make-up. If something is good then it is worth paying for and at £9.99, I didn’t think that this one was a bad price.

About the foundation

L’Oreal True Match Foundation is available in 20 different shades which range from cool tones to neutral and warm, meaning there is something for everyone. The bottle states that the liquid foundation is super blendable and that it will match your skin colour and texture. The marketing around this foundation explains that it will give you flawless coverage and that it will also give you a natural look.

When looking at these bottles on the shelves it did seem as though the range has a lot more colours on offer than other ranges or brands so this was a good selling point for me. I use ivory coloured foundation as I have fair skin and I was glad to see that there were different versions of ivory on offer. Not really knowing the difference between colours, I decided to stick with what I would normally buy.

As I said earlier, this foundation cost £9.99 and that is RRP. L’Oreal True Match Foundation is available from all good cosmetics retailers like Superdrug and Boots although the price will range depending on where you shop. For this price you get a 30ml bottle of foundation which is the average size for a liquid foundation and roughly the same price as other similar products.

My experience with the foundation

The foundation comes in a glass bottle with a plastic lid and a metal looking applicator pump. After taking off the sticker which was around the lid, I found that the lid pops off quite easily. After using this, I put it in a drawer and I have noticed that even just placing the bottle down can mean that the lid comes off and this is definitely not something that should happen when you pay these sorts of prices. Luckily, I haven’t managed to lose the lid yet but I think I probably would if I were to travel with this foundation.

For the first use, you do need to press the pump a good few times before the foundation will come out. Once you have broken the seal, the liquid comes out of the small hole in the pump. What I was most surprised to see as I pumped this onto the back of my hand was how running the liquid was. Most foundations that I have used in the past have been quite thick but not this one. I only needed to use one pump’s worth of liquid to realise that if I used anymore, it would probably run down my hand. Even though I didn’t get off to a good start with this, I was still willing to give it a try.

I apply my foundation with a brush and usually I can do so straight from the back of my hand. With this one, I had to put the liquid on my face for a couple of minutes so that it could thicken up and dry a little bit before I could blend it in. The liquid goes quite far because of it not being so thick so you don’t need to use very much to begin with. This foundation is supposed to give a flawless finish but it really doesn’t with only one layer of foundation. Once I had covered my whole face for the first time, it didn’t look as though I had used anything at all. I know this does give a very natural effect but I wanted my skin to look flawless, not make-upless.

After having finished my eye make-up I decided that one layer of this foundation just wasn’t enough and I had to apply it all over again. Having to do this every single day does not make this good value for money and also a big waste of time. I want a foundation that is easy and quick to apply and one that doesn’t make me look like I haven’t put any on at all. However, once I had put on the second application my face did feel lovely and smooth and the end effect was much better.

The colour I chose was a very good match for my skin tone but again, this was only after a second application. I don’t think that choosing another colour would make any difference whatsoever as it was the consistency of the foundation that was the problem more than anything. After two layers, the L’Oreal True Match Foundation did last all day, even though it isn’t a 24 or even 12 hour foundation. I know that with 2 layers, I can go to work all day and work a really long shift without having to apply it. Maybe if one layer wears off then the bottom layer is always there as a back-up, who knows.

While I don’t have perfect skin, it is pretty good and I don’t suffer too much with blemishes or spots. Because of this, L’Oreal True Match Foundation covered my skin quite well but I don’t think it would for people with skin problems or especially acne. The liquid takes quite a lot of work to blend in even on a face with hardly anything to hide. The flawless finish that this foundation boasts about is far from being a true statement.

Overall

Basically, I really wasn’t very impressed with this foundation at all. For the price it doesn’t do anything close to what it says it should. This is definitely not the worst foundation I have ever used but it isn’t far off. Unfortunately, I paid for it and not one to waste money, I am now stuck using it until I at least make it worthwhile. If I ever run out of my normal foundation again I won’t be going to the L’Oreal counter for something different.

• justarube published 02/01/2017
    VH x
  • VampirePrincessLizzy published 17/04/2012
    E from me :o)
  • kiss_me2070 published 17/04/2012
    I was surprised at how thin this foundation was too. Great review.

offers "L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation"