L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation

L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation

Face Make-up - Foundation

Review of "L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation"

published 04/01/2016 | Zoe1994
Member since : 03/01/2016
Pro Easy to apply, gives even and natural coverage, doesn't block pores, reasobably priced
Cons not buildable
Length of Coverage
Ease of Removal
Visibility

"*** L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation ***"

'Super-blendable foundation' 'perfectly matches skin colour and texture'

Product Description:

This foundation comes in a simple pump top bottle. The design is very subtle with a chrome coloured band at the top of the bottle and a matching chrome coloured pump. The bottle has elegant curved sides which makes it easy to handle. Overall I think the packaging is a bit to subtle compared to other foundations on the market meaning this product could be easily overlooked. The bottle contains 30ml of foundation which also contains SPF17 to aid in protection from the sun. This foundation also offers 24 hour hydration. There is no instructions of use on the product other than to 'shake well before use. So these would need to be researched if needed. I find there is no unpleasant or overpowering smell to this product like there can be with some foundations. This foundation is non comedogenic, meaning it does not block pores. This product comes in 23 different 'skin-true shades'. Although I am not sure these are all available in-store. I use the shade 4N Beige.

Application of product:

On the back of this product all it says as instructions is 'shake well before use'.
I personally find it easiest to apply this product with a foundation brush. I use the Luxe range of brushes but have also applied this product with the real techniques brushes.
First I apply a primer and allow time to dry (this isn't essential but I find it aids in the coverage of this product). Then I apply L'oreal Paris true match foundation. I do this by putting a small amount on the back of my hand, then using a foundation brush apply the product to my t section( forehead, nose and chin) followed by my cheeks, jawline and upper lip. I then use a clean foundation brush to blend the foundation ensuring there is not noticeable lines or patches.
I did find the instructions for this Foundation on boots.com but they don't say whether to apply by hand or brush.

Results:

I found this foundation gave a light and even coverage. I was able to create the natural look I wanted, while still having the coverage I wanted. This products claims to 'provide the perfect coverage without caking to naturally beautify your skin'. I find this is exactly what it does. Offering a natural yet flawless look. The first time I used this product and several times since (after adding contouring too) I have been asked if I had my makeup professionally done. People were shocked when I told them I had done my own make up with this foundation. The only thing I find is its not the best product if you want to build your foundation up. If you add to much it is easy to get an orange tinge. However I go for a natural look so this is not an issue to me. I have always struggled to get a foundation in just the right shade. Being quite pale foundations always tend to appear to have a slight yellow tinge on my skin or if I opt for the lighter shade it will make me look too pale. But this product is ideal, it really is a true match for my skin tone. I no longer have to just make do or opt for a basic powder instead. The product lasts all day without noticeably fading and is easy to remove at night time.

Would I recommend this product?

I would definitely recommend this product to anyone of all ages who want a natural yet flawless look. This product is everything it claims to be and very reasonably priced.

Price and availability:

This product is available online and in store at a range of high street stores including boots and Superdrug. It is available at Boots for £9.99

Conclusion:

PROS:
- Easy to apply
- Gives an even, natural coverage
- Does not block pores
- Lasts all day
- Easy to remove
- Reasonably priced
- Hydrates skin

CONS:
- Not buildable
- Easy to miss on the shelf

• LiveMusicLoverLyn published 13/03/2016
    Nice
  • novagirl2911 published 07/01/2016
    Very helpful review.
  • cath_del published 06/01/2016
    VH

offers "L'Oreal Paris True Match Foundation"