L'Oreal Pure Clay Glow Mask

Review of "L'Oreal Pure Clay Glow Mask"

published 22/02/2017 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro skin appears smoother and softer, skin looks brighter/more radiant, easy to apply & remove
Cons nothing I can think of

"A Lovely Clay Mask for Glowing Skin."

= = = = = =
The Product
= = = = = =
I used to use a face mask a couple of times a week but over the past few months, I'll admit that I have got rather lazy and I probably haven't been taking as good care of my skin as I used to. I wanted to start using face masks again as my skin always used to feel and look amazing after using them. I have a specific face mask that I used to buy from Superdrug which I loved and I knew that it was kind to my skin and didn’t cause any irritation. I actually purchased this L’Oréal mask last year when they were first introduced and they sounded and looked so good that I thought I would see what they were like. This product is a clay mask and is made by L’Oréal Paris and there is a total of three different masks to choose from. I am basing this review on the ‘Pure Clay Glow’ mask and this is the one that I thought would help my skin a little more so than some of the others at the moment. For the first time the L'Oréal Paris laboratories have selected three pure clays and combined them with red algae extract, known for its brightening properties. The powerful blend of three clays are Koalin which is known to absorb impurities and excess sebum, Montmorillonite which eliminates imperfections and Ghassoul which helps to clarify the complexion. This mask will give your skin instant and lasting, visible results. Your skin will immediately feel softer and smoother and skin will also look brighter. If you use the mask for one week (for at least 2-3 days) pores will feel tighter and skin texture is refined. When using this product regularly use after use, skin is visibly transformed with an even, healthy glow. L’Oréal claim that the beaded, creamy texture pf the mask illuminates tone by exfoliating the skin’s surface without drying it out. The mask comes in a glass jar and has a light green lid. On the glass jar it states the name of the mask of the front which in this case is ‘Glow Mask’. You can clearly see the mask inside the jar. The mask looks a bit like a brick colour. The jar does come in a box again with the name of the mask and the brand name on the front of the box it also states that the mask Brightens and Exfoliates as well. On the side of the box it tells you a little about the mask and about the three-powerful blend of clays in the mask. On the bottom of the box you can find a list of ingredients.

Price/Availability
= = = = = = = =
I purchased the face mask when it was on offer in boots for just £5.00; otherwise the full price of the product is £7.99 for a 50ml jar which should be enough for 10 applications. You can also purchase the masks from Superdrug as well and they are available on both the Boots & Superdrug website. The other face masks in this range are the Purity Mask and Detox Mask. The Purity Mask deeply purifies and mattifies and the Detox Mask Cleanses and Clarifies.

= = = = = = = = =
Using the Product
= = = = = = = = =
On clean skin apply a thin layer of the mask over the face avoiding the eyes and the lips. When unscrewing the lid, there will be a white plastic disc on top which you need to remove in order to get to the clay mask. This is easy to remove thanks to the little plastic tab on the side. You can keep this and pop it back on after use or you can throw it away. I actually scraped the mask off the disc and then through this bit away. The mask is definitely what I would call a red brick colour and there is a smell to the mask as well. I can’t really describe the smell of the mask but I don’t find it unpleasant. The mask looks slightly shiny and quite thick; although I suppose it’s the texture you would expect from a clay mask. I was able to see small grains in the mask as well which is what exfoliates the skin as you apply it. I dipped a finger into the mask to get some out and then I applied it to my face. The mask feels very cool and it has the texture and feel that I would expect. The texture of the mask is very much just like clay. I found the mask very easy to apply and as I did apply it I could feel the little grains being rubbed gently over my skin. The mask actually went onto my skin very smoothly and a little of the mask goes a long way so I would suggest using a little of the mask at a time as you do only need to apply a thin layer anyway. As I applied the mask I was careful to avoid the eye area and also the lips as suggested; although I wouldn’t have put this near or on my lips/eye area anyway! Once applied you need to leave the mask to dry for 5-10mins and then remove with a wet towel or warm water.

= = = =
Results
= = = =
I don’t normally leave the mask on for a full ten minutes as after around 7mins the mask does feel dry and my face starts feeling a little stiff from where the clay mask has dried so this is when I remove it. I remove it using a Muslin cloth and I find that the mask comes off easily. After removing the mask with the muslin cloth, I then give my face a quick rinse and then wipe some cleansing toner over it before moisturising. All the time I had the mask on I have never experienced any reactions at all and I have sensitive skin on my face. After taking the mask off (before moisturising) my skin feel really refreshed and clean. I also thought that my skin looked as though it had a little more glow to it than what it normally does. My face felt nice and smooth; although it felt even smoother and softer once I had applied moisturiser and had let it sink in. I actually only normally use this mask once or twice a week, so I don’t use it as much as suggested but I still think my skin tone and texture is better than it was before I started using the mask. My skin definitely looks brighter and it feels smoother as well whenever I use the mask. I feel as though my skin looks healthier and has more of a glow to it too. I don’t often suffer from blemishes anyway but this clay mask hasn’t caused me to break out into any blemishes at all. I would also say that my skin tone looks a little better than before as well.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = =
I have actually been using this mask for a good few months now so I have had to re-purchase it more than once. Depending on how often you use it depends on how often you will need to purchase it but as stated earlier in the review there is enough for 10 applications per jar. I haven’t had chance to use the other masks in this range yet, but I love his particular clay mask. The mask does have a slight scent to it, which I can’t describe but it’s not a horrible smell and to be honest the smell of the product isn’t very strong anyway and I barely noticed the smell once I had applied it to my face. I like that when you apply the product you can feel it exfoliating your skin a little due to the grains within the clay mask. Although the mask feels quite thick it’s easy just to apply a thin layer of it as you only need a thin layer with each use. The mask doesn’t feel uncomfortable once applied and it didn’t react badly to my skin; although that’s not to say that it won’t with anyone else’s skin. Removing the mask was a lot easier than expected, even though the mask had dried it was still easy to remove. I think it would be easier to remove the mask with a damp muslin cloth or wet towel rather than just water as you don’t need something to wipe the mask off rather than just splash water on it to wash it off. I do find that when I use this mask my skin does look brighter and more radiant which makes my skin look healthy and gives it a nice glow. I probably should make-sure that I use the mask at least twice a week every week for better results, but even though I may only use it once a week I am still pleased with the results anyway. I haven’t experienced any dryness from using this mask at all which I am quite surprised by as some exfoliating products that I have used on my face before have left my skin feeling a little dry and looking red in some areas. In terms of value; although this may not be the cheapest face mask around I do think the product is very reasonable and worth it. I will be trying out the other masks in this range at some point and I hope they are as good as this one.

• euphie published 05/03/2017
    e :o)
  • Secre published 03/03/2017
    Nicely done
  • elfbwillow published 28/02/2017
    Great review

offers "L'Oreal Pure Clay Glow Mask"