L'Oréal Studio Line Hot Straight Cream

L'Oréal Studio Line Hot Straight Cream

Review of "L'Oréal Studio Line Hot Straight Cream"

published 16/10/2011 | kat123456
Member since : 12/10/2011
Pro none
Cons leaves hair greasy, no effect, sticky
Long Lasting?
Smoothing?
Conditioning?

"Straight.......to the bin"

I have relatively long, thick layered hair that, unless I run the straighteners over it, is unruly to say the least. It it not overly curly or frizzy or anything, more kinky and very, very thick. To straighten is to neaten in my case. I have used a number of products alongside the straightening irons to aid the process and also protect my hair, one of these such products is the Studio Line Hot Straight Cream by L'Oreal.

In truth, I only purchased this product as it was available on offer in Boots, priced at around £3 for 150ml. This is on the cheaper end of the scale for hair products that I usually buy as I tend to opt for salon brands such as TIGI, but L'Oreal is a well-known brand and one that I trust so I thought I would give it a try. The cream comes in a hot pink plastic squeezy bottle which has a grey nozzle on top through which the cream can be squeezed onto the palm of your hand for application.

The cream itself was white in colour, and a little shimmery when it caught the light. It was alot runnier than I expected, but still relatively thick none-the-less. Other straightening creams I have used have been almost solid in appearance, so this is what I was comparing it to. I applied as directed, running a small amount on my fingers through the mid-lengths and ends of my damo hair before styling. I found it really hard to apply evenly to my hair as the cream felt sticky to the touch and seemed to 'clump' in my hair. After application, my hands felt really greasy to the touch and it was really hard to wash the residue off them.

On the plus side, the cream did smell really fresh and clean but this didn't last once applied to my hair as the scent seemed completely lost after application. After styling as usual, my hair did not look or feel any different. It certainly didn't look any straighter or any tamer and it did not even make the straightening process any quicker or easier either. My hair actually felt heavy with the product and felt a bit greasy too. I was left really disappointed with the purchase and felt that going for a cheaper product was a false economy in this instance. It is not a purchase that I would recommend or one that I will be repeating, there are much better products for the job out there!

• danielclark691 published 02/02/2017
    vh
  • TheNuttyTart published 16/10/2011
    What a shame :o(
  • donf18 published 16/10/2011
    Pity you found no difference