Review of "La Senza Discover Me Eau de Parfum"

published 28/07/2011 | xxfoxyredxx
Member since : 01/10/2006
Reviews : 2005
Am currently popping loads of reviews on here from Dooyoo before that site crashes out completely! Happy to read and rate reviews as always....Christmas is a coming for all us all too soon eh! x Melanie x
Pro Lovely unusual scent
Cons Could do with lasting a little longer on the skin
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"Oh so sexy 'Discover me'..."

I really do like perfume and it's something I'm more than happy to treat myself to rather often. I love to smell nice and even wear it to the gym and stuff like that cos I don''t feel right if I don't!

I spotted this in Boots for about 6 quid a bottle reduced instead of it's usual price tag of about £20.00. It felt like a bargain and after inhaling almost half a bottle which was a tester decided that I really must own it!

The Packaging:

Well this is available in either a 100ml size which is my one or as a small purse size which is simply a long tube of fragrance and I think it's 20ml in size. I did toy with the idea of buying the purse sized one but I realised it wouldn't go far with me (That was also reduced to about £3.00)! The packaging of mine is a black oval shaped box where the top and bottom are separated by and thin strip of pink metallic colour and it's easy to pull the top off. On the front all in silver writing I'm told it is Discover Me... By La Senza. On the bottom there is a large white label and on that other information includes contact details for La Senza and ingredients are listed. The bottle is black and in bright pink writing again I'm told what it is and on the bottom of that the same information is on the bottom as on the box. It h as a pretty pink metallic safety cap/lid and matching coloured spray action button to the top of it and again in shape it's sort of oval/rounded. It all looks very seductive and girly but grown up girly and its very pretty to display!

The Fragrance Itself:

Well La Senza say this is a blend of raspberry, blackberry and mandarin surrounded with floral nuances of white jasmine and vibrant rose and this is one of the most unusual fragrances I think I have ever smelt.

The composition is, well odd...but it works really well for me! To me the blackberry is really apparent and deeply embedded as a base note along with the sweeter fruit of raspberry. Over that and sort of more apparent at first sniff are the floral tones, light and airy and the mandarin sort of make it pop and lifts the scent though it isn't an orangy aroma.

It's well blended and to me it's a heavy evening use perfume and suitable for young and more mature wearers alike. For me this is a really modern take on perfume and is rather daring. Although it's heavy on fragrance it really isn't too much so but you don't need to spray too much of it on. It oozes quality and sex appeal to me and I really love the blend of fruits and flowers, it makes it really interesting and multi faceted.

Once sprayed on I find it settles down quickly and isn't harsh or irritating and once on I can smell it for about 4-5 hours really. Like I say this is very rich and deep and it does happen to stay that way.

Verdict:

I absolutely love this smooth fragrance. When I'm wearing it I feel sexy and vampy and very much in control for some reason. I did shove my wrist under my bfs nose and expected more than hmm it's nice to be honest...but he did like it!

I do advise a quick squirt and a wear before buying it just to make sure it's you and I do realise this is an acquired taste but me, well I'm glad I acquired my bottle!

Do look about for this online if interested and I have only seen this on sale In Le Senza and Boots.

This review is also posted on Dooyoo under this same username.

• mum2boys82 published 03/08/2011
    This sounds lovely, will keep an eye out for it! Rebecca Xx
  • catsholiday published 01/08/2011
    I thought La Senza was just an undies shop!