Advantages sexy undies, reasonable prices, excellent delivery
Disadvantages I can't afford to shop here every day
|Frequency of visit|
|Value for money|
|Layout & presentation|
|Selection & range|
Note: there's no La Senza website category at the moment but I promise to get it moved as soon as there is!
I only came upon the La Senza website from a link on Chris (Borntoloaf)’s website, offering me 5 pairs of thongs/briefs for £10. When I saw it was La Senza, a brand I have always wanted to try, I jumped at the chance, clicked the hyperlink and went to look around.The website:
The website is divided into 4 key sections: lingerie, nightwear, swimwear and accessories. I entered via a link at Borntoloaf and was only looking for the thong/brief offer, which there is a large graphic for on the index page so I simply clicked on that to find the offer. The site is also running another promotion which is 2 Flamenco vest & brief sets for £20, which is a saving of £10.LINGERIE
- Glamour contains matching sets of bras, briefs/thongs and basques which are a bit more sexy and ornate. For decent underwear the prices are quite reasonable – most bras are £18 each, although they do have special offers, and thongs and briefs average at around £8.- Character contains lingerie with characters such as Little Miss Naughty Fairy. These are cute (and fairly cheap too) but not my personal cup of tea.
- Everyday section is bound to appeal to most people since what a woman wears every day is pretty average looking. These are actually the most attractive every day underwear sets I’ve seen – there are plenty of frills and ruffles – they’re not exactly frumpy! Bras prices range from £7.99 to £18 so there’s something for most budgets here.- Full support section of the site is very handy for the well-endowed woman – but these aren’t exactly unattractive either. Sizes range from 32DD to 38FF (in certain styles), which isn’t bad for your average company. It is nice that La Senza recognise that the more breastily-blessed women would also like to wear pretty bras. You’ll also be glad to know that La Senza charge no more for larger size bras, unlike some companies.
- Briefs/thongs mostly come in sizes Small to Large – Small being a size 10 and Large being a size 14. I ordered Large thongs (because I would rather my underwear was too big than too tight!) and they’re actually pretty big – I think they’d stretch to fit a size 16 (unless you’re a 16 and hate tight undies!). On the briefs/thongs page the promotional items are clearly labelled with bright pink rectangles around the price “Any 5 for £10”. You can pick any 5 briefs or thongs (mix and match with a few of each if you wish) that are included in the promotion for just £10 – the reduction will show when you checkout. Sometimes these offers only include the unattractive items but not so with La Senza. I picked a nice white satin hipster thong, a black ruffle mesh thong, a black low back thong, a white ruffle mesh thong (adorned with pink bows), a black fishnet thong and black hipster lace thong. I’ve noticed that some of these are no longer available on the site so they must have sold out. These thongs/briefs usually retail at £4 a pair so the offer of 5 for £10 is very reasonable.NIGHTWEAR
- Glamour is probably best suited for a naughty weekend. There is a really good range of chemises, baby dolls and cami sets. These cheapest item here is £9.99 on special offer and rises to £28, but the luxurious items look to be worth every penny. For the record, I’m rather fond of the Suivez Moi babydoll which is only £16.- Casuals is a bit more every day and contains the Flamenco vest offer as well as vest & shorts and pyjamas. Prices range from £12 to £25, which is pretty average. I’m quite fond of the Cheeky Girl pyjamas and may have to treat myself to them sometime soon.
- Character contains cute character pyjamas and vest & shorts sets which are priced between £20 and £28. These are a little bit pricey but look nice & comfortable.- Mix and match enables you to chose either a shorts or pyjamas bottoms to go with your vest or cami. There are only 2 sets here, which seems a little sparse.
I didn’t even notice this section on my first visit, which is a shame.
- Gifts contains all kinds of goodies such as a La Senza heart mirror, lip gloss, body lotion and even candles. There are all pretty inexpensive (£1-5) so it would be a nice idea for a little extra gift for someone (or yourself next time you order undies! That’ll be me then.)- Slippers contains a small variety of slippers and flip flops priced at £8-14. I’m not really a slipper enthusiast but they might make a nice Mother’s Day gift/Christmas present for your mum.
- Hosiery contains a small selection of hold ups, stockings and tights, all priced at £6.SWIMWEAR
You can visit customer services by clicking on the link at the top of the page – on every page.
In the customer services section you can find out store locations, search for a bra, order gift vouchers, check out the size guides and read about website security. If your queries aren’t answered, you can always use the contact us link to get in touch with them by e-mail, post or via your local store (which lists its phone number).ABOUT LA SENZA LINGERIE
“La Senza's primary objective is to provide an affordable lingerie product which is comfortable, romantic and sensual. Our stores offer women of all ages exquisite lingerie in a beautiful and intimate setting, providing our customers with a unique La Senza shopping experience.La Senza is proud of its award winning customer service and recognises the value of its staff, and its ongoing ability to inspire, motivate and reward them in order that this objective is constantly met.”
I personally think they’re doing a pretty good job.Checking out:
Delivery and packaging is £2.95 for all order under £50, but it is definitely worth it in my opinion. Good news for anyone living outside the UK is that you can still order – delivery will be slightly higher at £7.95 within Europe and £14.95 for the rest of the world. For those living in USA or Canada, it might be a good idea to check out the other La Senza sites which it links to at the top of the page.Confirmation:
The parcel arrived on Friday (which was well within their 3-5 working days guideline), when I was out so it went back to my local sorting office until I could pick it up, today. This means your parcel won’t end up in the wrong hands and very rarely goes missing, which is very reassuring.
Would I shop with them again?
Yes! If I can get gorgeous underwear, loving packaged and sprinkled with nice smelling beads, then I am definitely going to take advantage of it as often as I can afford to. I highly recommend taking a look at their website and trying them out as a special treat for yourself (or your partner!)
Attention, this is the first review from this author
Instead of giving a negative rating, consider:
Help this member by giving your advice
Report fraud (for example plagiarism) or other issue with the review to the Ciao support team
Add your comment