La Senza (Shop)

La Senza (Shop)

Review of "La Senza (Shop)"

published 07/03/2008 | welshgal17
Member since : 26/02/2005
♥ thank you for reading and rating! more reviews coming soon! shocked I got money from the premium fund - thanks ciao!! ♥♥
Pro good range of styles, larger sizes, friendly staff
Cons spend too much money in there!
Frequency of visit
Price
Layout & presentation
Selection & range

"Lingerie Heaven"

Up until around the end of my school days, my bra shopping consisted of shopping around Primark, buying their cheap £5 bras, which ultimately used to break fairly quickly but were cheap and did the job for a small schoolgirl. Then overnight I suddenly sprouted up out of nowhere (for a better way of putting it!) and decided to trot over to La Senza and get fitted. And the rest they say is history....

My experience with the shop
--------------------------------------
Having never been for a bra fitting before I was a little nervous about standing half naked in front of a total stranger but when I walked in the branch at Cardiff Queens Arcade, I was put at ease and greeted by a lovely sales assistant. To my gladness I only had to take my top off and the assistant was able to tell there and then just by looking at me that I was wearing the wrong size and in a matter of minutes had picked me a selection of bras, got me to try them on and buy them! I did look at the £18 price tag on each one and think it was a bit much but i really liked the fit and design so decided to buy them (in the end costing me about £100!), much to the distaste of my student bank balance!

Since then I've been back once or twice more to be re-fitted, and on my last visit learned I was a 34DD. I was disheartened to realise that I could no longer buy my cheap bras anymore as many shops only stock up to a C cup, but had to now buy La Senza's or another specialist shops at £20 a go.
Well, since then I have never shopped anywhere else for my underwear. I love the range and styles of bra's and knickers they have and no matter when I go they always have my size in stock unlike some other shops. I love the way they wrap up each bra individually in tissue paper, and put it in a nice yellow paper bag with some scented beads - I think it adds that little extra touch to the excellent service you get from the staff there. I also love the fact that as a student I now get 10% off my purchases.

Ok so onto the store itself:

Selection & range
-------------------------
The La Senza range varies from the obvious such as bras, knickers and nightwear, to bra accessories, swimwear, eye masks, perfume, naughty games and even, most recently, a clothes range. They also now stock a range for men according to the website.
There are many styles, sizes, colours and materials to choose from in any of the range, you can suit your mood with luxury in lace or fun in cotton with a print. There are lots of fun ranges out there now such as 'grumpy but gorgeous' (I was bought a pair of pjs for Christmas and not happy about it… well I only agree with one part!) and 'Practically a Princess', available in pj's, cushions and much more.

Availability
----------------
I have never had trouble getting any of the items I've needed from the store. They have always got my size in stock and have a fair amount of stock out to choose from.

Price
--------
Prices can range from around £10-22 for bras and around £2-4 for knickers. Nightwear and accessories are all priced fairly average. I do find it a bit expensive to pay £20 for a bra but the quality of the range is clear to see and I can be sure that this will last me a long time and they do look amazing… And if I feel I look good then I'll feel good! Well that's my excuse anyway!
Quite frequently there are '2 for £20' or special offer promotions so theres always a chance to grab a bargain.

Value for money/ Quality
----------------------------------
As mentioned above I feel that the items are well worth the price asked. You can see and feel the quality, and I haven't had a La Senza bra break on me yet.

Layout & presentation
------------------------------
The Cardiff, Queens Arcade store is fairly small but everything is plain to see from the underwear at the front to the nightwear and naughtier stuff at the back. It has always been neat and tidy on my visits and easy to find my style and size.

In store customer service
--------------------------------------
Staff are always extremely friendly and on hand to help with any queries I have had. The fitting room staff make you feel at ease and are very knowledgeable, helping you to find the right size and style for you.
Queue sizes are normally kept to a minimum as service is fast even though they provide you with the wrapping service.

--------------------------
So would I reccommend La Senza? Definately.
Excellent service and a great place to find beautiful bras for the larger woman at great prices. I've not had a bad experience yet!

This review was read 1990 times and was rated at

• beautybabiex published 05/05/2011
    great review, i love la senza! its just a bit too pricey for me x
  • Spottydog11 published 21/04/2008
    Great review, love this shop, thanks x
  • lustba published 16/04/2008
    got some useful info, cheers.

Product Information : La Senza (Shop)

Listed on Ciao since: 04/01/2001