cortex101 2

cortex101

Member since:10.05.2001

SHUT UP AND SMELL ME

04.06.2001

Advantages:
Smells good

Disadvantages:
Feels foul

Recommendable No:

Does it smell good?

What hair type is it for?Normal hair

Why did you buy it?Low Price

17 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  2. jayne78
  3. wendycab
and a further member

Hello again people,

Well the only reason for trying this product was because I got a full bottle as a freebie for doing a survey on their site and not because of their long lasting quite frankly annoying advert campaign.

They apparently have a new formula to the shampoo, well I wouldn't know as I haven't tried their old stuff but this seems nothing special. This new formula is meant to leave your hair cleaner, softer and shinier. Application after application, your hair is made stronger.

The general description Garnier give their product is The Active Fruit Concentrate, For Hair that shines With All its Strength. Also a combination of innovative ingredients naturally present in fruit, that gives strength and shine to your hair.

Well I have to say there must be a lot of crazy stuff naturally present in fruit. The ingredients list on the bottle goes on and on with things I could not even make up for example Cocamide Mipa whatever that is but I am sure it makes your hair stronger after every wash.

Directions for Use:

Not really that hard to work out being shampoo and all but still they give a nice little set of instructions - "Massage into hair until a rich lather forms. Rinse thoroughly.

It also says: In case of contact with eyes, rinse immediately.

Well that is reassuring. The translation is we don't know what we have put in this thing but apparently it is a strong adhesive so get it the hell out of your eyes before you sue us.

On the bottle there are some nice little pictures which show what this concoction actually does to your precious hair.

1. It nourishes the hair from the roots.

2. It works inside the hair fibre to strengthen it.

3 It smoothes the hair to the tip.

Well I have to say I can't really fault the packaging.

The shampoo actually smells really nice so when I got it through the post box and realised that it hadn't burst I was raring to go. I gave it a quick whiff and up I went to the shower. I really liked the smell and it seemed to be doing the trick.

Well I got out and dried my hair, when I went to do it (my hair that is) I realised it was bloody strong being practically hard and all. It is not at all nice to feel and if you know what having wax in your hair feels like well this does basically the same. It leaves your hair feeling course and pretty disgusting.

Well after this I didn't really want to use it again just to smell it so I can't really say if your hair gets stronger after every wash.

Both my sister and mum complain of the same thing so if you don't believe me believe me.

Oh and one more thing it is fortifying shampoo (is my hair a bloody castle) and is for normal hair.

Thanks
Cortex101
Always love feedback

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

MurkyDismal 14.10.2002 09:48

I'm not usually a bit fan of these products.

anjib 06.06.2001 23:59

Thought this was a good freebie but maybe it isn't. I haven't tried mine yet. Will use it on the dog if it is no good. Why have they got that green ball of plastic on the bottom of the bottle, seems quite pointless to me.

Xyanthe 06.06.2001 00:22

Good op, I also received this as a freebie - well actually I got two, I must have accidently done it twice, oops! Full sized bottles aswell. Good information :-)Xyanthe