Review of "Ladybird My Little World Moses Basket"

published 23/01/2012 | xmum2fourx
Member since : 04/08/2007
Back again....xx
Pro Well made
Cons Hood falls down
How mobile is the parents unit?
Volume Control
Powered by

"Nice and snug "

We have actually had this moses basket in blue and pink we had the blue one for my sons and when we found out we were expecting our first little girl we knew which moses basket we wanted and went ahead and purchased it in pink as we so happy with the quality of the first one. Although they are only used for the first few weeks of little ones life I think they are very handy for a newborn baby that likes to nap all the time without the worry of having to move them up and down the stairs every 5 minutes.

The Moses baskets are very well made the base is made out of palm leaves and weaved together making a lovely and strong basket. Then lovely soft material is added over the basket along with a mattress and a quilt to make sure baby can lie very comfy and be safe and sound. The basket is roomy and can be used easily for the first few months of little ones life. The walls are high enough to protect little one from falling out although it can only be used for first few months meaning the baby has no risk of falling out by moving.

The design varies on my sons is a tree but on my daughters is an elephant and some lovely little birds all the detail is sown in and is gorgeous and then there are polka dots over the rest of the basket meaning the whole design is no pretty and perfect. In lovely pastel colours that attracts little ones attention and make the basket stand out from others. All the material on the cot can be taken off and washed which is very handy and practical.

The mattress is nice and thick and provides a lovely soft base for little one to lie on and although there is no padding around the sides there are no sharp edges and as the basket is very well made meaning that the material alone over the main basket keeps little one safe and snug.
The handles are very well made and are easy to carry they are thick so you can get a good grip an as it is a weave of materials it means there is naturally small bumps in them providing grip and also meaning you can carry the basket very easily without it tilting.

My dad purchased a Moses basket for his house and we found every time we put little on in it they would slide to one side as if the basket was poorly made and tilted to one size but we have never had that problem with this one. When it is sitting on a flat surface or on the rocking stand you can put them on we have never had a problem the basket sits sturdy meaning little one can lie flat without a problem.
We brought this moses basket for around £40 which for the quality is perfect although we only got around 5 weeks of use out of this moses basket we still have it and as we recently found out we are having our second baby girl we will get more use out of it which as it already looks brand new and there are no signs of wear it is like brand new.
My only downside is the hood it sits up perfectly when the moses basket is stationary but as soon as you pick the basket up to carry it the hood falls down straight away which can wake baby as the light that was being shielded from there face can be a bit of a shock for them along with the feeling of being moved.

Over all I would highly recommend this moses basket although we did not get as much use out of it as I thought if you are planning on buying one this is a safe bet. It is comfy and safe and looks very pretty. It is suitable from birth and although there is no top age recommendation we got about 6-8 weeks use out of our depending on how fast our babies grew you can soon tell when it is time to put the moses basket away.

• Elysia2003 published 28/02/2012
    Lovely review x
  • daisyleex published 23/01/2012
    E xx
  • daisyleex published 23/01/2012
    Really thorough review :) I've already got my moses basket for baba, but sounds like you got a bargain .xx