Review of "Lakeland Burger Maker"

published 24/04/2012 | michelley26
Member since : 11/11/2009
Pro quick and easy burgers
Cons none
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"quick and easy burgers"

I've only just recently bought this burger press from Lakeland, but already I don't know why I've never bought one before. I always make my own burgers for a BBQ, and as a result they can sometimes fall apart. To solve this problem I did buy a burger grill to cook them in. However this little burger press goes that one step further and makes things even better and easier. Essentially by making all of the burgers the same, size, shape and thickness so that they all cook evenly and are all ready at the same time. It also makes assembling your own burgers both quicker and easier.

This Quarter Pounder Burger Press was £8.99 from Lakeland. You get the burger press itself, you also get 100 waxed discs, and a recipe book. You can buy the waxed discs seperately for £4.79 for a pack of 500

As the name suggeest this makes quarter pounder size burgers!

The burger press itself is dishwasher safe, and comes apart really easily to pop in the dishwasher. The waxed discs are one time use only, and cannot be reused.

This is so easy and quick to use, and it assembles perfect burgers in mere minutes.
First of all make up a bowl of your favourite burger mix. Turn the burger press upside down and insert a waxed disc. Spoon the burger mix on top of the waxed disc and then press the burger mix down with the back of your spoon to ensure that it is firm and compact. Place another waxed disc over your burger. To release your formed burger just turn the burger press upright again and depress the plunger.

The burgers are encased within the two waxed discs so you can stack them and store them in the fridge like this, or stack them and freeze them. If you choose to freeze them then it is easy to remove just one or two from the frozen stack due to the waxed paper between them.

I've used this for more than just burgers, obviously it's perfect for any type of burgers; meat, fish or veggie. I find that it is perfect for assembling bubble and squeek patties or potato cakes. I always find that both of these tend to fall apart when I try and assemble them myself, however with this burger press they stay in one compact shape and piece.

I can't believe how much use I have had so far out of what appears to be at first glance to be a bit of a gimmicky gadget. I can absolutely say that it isn't a gimmicky gadget and I wouldn't hesitate to reccomend this to anyone.

• RICHADA published 16/08/2012
    Very useful indeed. R.
  • ithoughtyoudneverask published 24/04/2012
    Oh, this sounds handy!
  • Nar2 published 24/04/2012
    We had one of these too - they do last for a very long time if you take care of it - which I didn't - I think I broke one of the main hinges on it - I recall it was a white looking thing, thick PVC plastic job.