Lakeland EasiYo Yogurt Maker

Lakeland EasiYo Yogurt Maker

Review of "Lakeland EasiYo Yogurt Maker"

published 14/09/2005 | PinkSparklyBirdy
Member since : 14/09/2005
Pro Sooo easy to use, makes good for you, yummy yoghurt easily
Cons Seriously addictive, inital purchase costs aren't cheap
Performance
User's Manual
Cleaning & Maintenance

"Fabulous! Marvellous! Buy this product!"

Hello anyone reading this review. Firstly, I should say that I am normally a sane consumer. However, I am in danger of becoming a serious geek as a result of telling everyone I know how good the EasiYo Yoghurt Maker is!

I eat a lot of yoghurt, so had been considering the purchase of an Easiyo for some time. Finally decided to part with my hard earned cash (start up kit isn't cheap at between £13 and £20) and excitedly set off home to make my first batch..

Well, the first batch was a disaster! I went wrong in 2 ways - (i) I used iced water to mix the yoghurt sachet and (ii) i didn't leave it long enough before taking the yoghurt out of the yoghurt maker. The result was a disgusting curdled mess.... At this stage, I began to feel that I'd made a horrid mistake.

However, I perservered, and since then I am a total convert. Making a batch of yoghurt takes approximately 2 minutes, and I have yet to try one single flavour or mix that I haven't liked. I followed someone's tip to only fill the yoghurt pot to the 800ml or 900ml level, and found that this makes a nice thick yoghurt which is really filling.

I don't know if the Easiyo actually saves you much money - the mixes cost £1.89 each, and makes about a litre, so I can't claim it's much cheaper than shop bought. However, it's so much nicer, full of probiotic bacteria, and really satisfying. I actually miss the stuff if I don't eat it now each day.

I've so far recommended the Easiyo to 2 friends at work, and they both rave about it too. One friend and I now regularly wax lyrical about how marvellous the EasiYo is, and spend time comparing our latest successful toppings etc, much to the puzzlement of the rest of the office.

If you eat a lot of yoghurt, get one of these marvellous machines - I cannot stress how fabulous the EasiYo is. Don't be put off if your first attempt isn't successful - you will soon get the hang of it, and you will wonder how you ever lived without one.

• Lynzie published 03/10/2005
    Welcome to ciao, i have seen these and my hubby has mithered me for one, think i might get him one now, Good review, Lynz xx
  • littlelaura80 published 15/09/2005
    never heard about it...interesting :)
  • eldergill published 15/09/2005
    Welcome to Ciao. Good first review. Sounds a bit pricey.

Product Information : Lakeland EasiYo Yogurt Maker