Lancome Bi Facial

Lancome Bi Facial

Review of "Lancome Bi Facial"

published 07/08/2014 | michelley26
Member since : 11/11/2009
Pro works well, takes off waterproof mascara, suitable for contact lens wearers
Cons expensive
Performance
Harshness to Skin

"expensive - but very good quality"

One of my all time favourite eye make up removers is this one; Lancome's Bi-Facil. I've used this on and off for around 15 years or so now, it is very expensive, typically around £21 for a 125ml bottle, and so I normally only buy it when there's a 'gift with purchase' at the Lancome counter.

I wear contact lenses and so I always look for an eye make up remover that is Ophthalmologist tested and safe for contact lens wearers, which this one is. I wear my contact lenses most of the time, and you are supposed to actually take your contact lenses out before you take your make up off, I don't do this because then I can't actually see what I'm doing! So I always leave my contact lenses in until I've taken my make up off to ensure that it is all removed and that I don't have panda eyes in the morning! I have had problems in the past with some eye make up removers that have stung my eyes, but I have no problems at all with this eye make up remover, it doesn't sting my eyes even if I accidentally get a small amount in my eye, and it doesn't damage my contact lenses at all.

This is a one of those two-phase liquid formula eye make up removers, that you need to shake well to mix the two layers together before you use it. To use this I squeeze a small amount onto a cotton pad, I then find it best to hold the liquid filled cotton pad on my eye for a few seconds to 'dissolve' my make up and then just gently wipe it off. There's no need to rub or scrub at my eyes using the the eye make up remover this way i.e. holding it on to 'dissolve' my eye make up, and it works really quickly. It takes off all traces of my eye make up, including waterproof mascara, and any dark or heavy liners or eyeshadows very easily.

If I haven't had much eye make up on then one liquid filled cotton pad will do both eyes, if I've had dark or heavy eye make up on then I will need to use two liquid filled cotton pads.

This eye make up remover is really gentle and soothing on my eyes, yet it very effectively and thoroughly removes every last trace of my eye make up, including mascara and dark heavy liner or eyeshadow. It doesn't leave behind an oily residue or film at all. It is really very soothing and silky, it doesn't sting or irritate my eyes at all, and also it doesn't dry the delicate skin around my eyes out.

This is very expensive for an eye make up remover, especially as it is quite a small bottle - 125ml. However it does work very well. I find that I do not need to use an awful lot of this to remove my eye make up completely, unlike some cheaper brands whereby I end up using loads and loads to take my eye make up off - making them not so cheap after all as I am constantly having to replace them.

I will definitely continue to buy Lancome's Bi-Facil, probably many more times, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

• RICHADA published 09/08/2014
    VH. R.
  • sweetdaisy published 07/08/2014
    Great review xx
  • catsholiday published 07/08/2014
    VH

Product Information : Lancome Bi Facial

Lancome Cleansers: Lancome Bi Facial 125ml Skin Care Design House: Lancome Type: Eye Makeup Remover Size: 125 ml Gender: Female Description:Lancome Cleanser by Lancome, Non-greasy cleanser for the eyes ,Removes all make-up including waterproof makeup,Suitable for those with sensitive eyes or contact lens wearers,Helps preserve youthful eye contours,Shake well before use 100% Genuine Brand Name Images are for illustrations purposes only

Long Name: Bi Facial