Body Lotion

Review of "Lancome La Vie Est Belle Body Lotion"

published 14/07/2017 | justarube
Member since : 09/04/2014
Thank you everyone for all your reads and rates over the years and thanks Ciao for letting me be part of the community. Hope to see some of you on other sites, perhaps. xx
Pro Lovely fragrance; deeply moisturising.
Cons Expensive.
Does it smell good?
How easily is it absorbed?

"Sweet and Elegant Body Cream..."

Lancome La Vie Est Belle Body Lotion

I recently won a tub of Lancome 'La Vie Est Belle' fragranced body cream in a raffle. I was quite excited to discover I'd won such an exclusive and expensive product. Lancome is a brand I have always admired and enjoyed but which I have tended to avoid because of my restricted budget. 'La Vie Est Belle' is not a perfume with which I am familiar so my review of the fragranced moisturiser is based solely on my experience of using this body care product without any reference back to the perfume.

Packaging

Lancome products always look very chic, modern and elegant and this product is no different. The packaging is beautiful enough for this product to be suitable as a gift. There is an outer box which is wrapped in cellophane. The box has white shimmering sides and the brand logo and product name are emphasised on the front. It looks very feminine and the glitter and glamour of the outer packet suggests this product is very special. Inside the body cream is well protected by extra cardboard flaps which help protect the glass tub from breakage.

I have a 50ml tub which is made of glass. The base is very thick and heavy leading me to believe that if the tub was ever dropped that the glass would remain intact. The lid is reflective silver with the Lancome logo etched into the top. Under the lid, which screws off in an anticlockwise direction, there is a plastic sheath which protects the cream from entering the lid and which keeps the cream fresh. A small tab on the sheath allows you to remove it easily. I recommend keeping the plastic sheath to protect the cream even if it means it is slightly more time consuming to remove the sheath every time the cream is used. The cream is so expensive that it deserves to be stored well!

The Cream

The cream is a pretty pale pink colour. It is a formed, stiff cream and it requires the user to dip fingers into the tub in order to apply. The cream is cool to the touch and it has a silky smooth texture. I would say that very little cream is required as it seems to be very moisturising and just a little dab of cream seems to spread over a large area of skin. It sinks in quickly and it does not make me pull on my skin as I'm rubbing it in to my skin. It seems to melt into the skin and it is absorbed well, leaving no film or stickness on the surface of the skin.

I use this cream on my arms, hands, stomach and my chest. It could also be used elsewhere on the body except for the face. I think the cream is so expensive that I wouldn't really want to use it on my legs and feet as I feel it would perhaps run out very quickly and I would not get the benefit of being able to enjoy the fragrance like I do when the cream is applied to my upper body.

The cream is very hydrating. I love that it makes my skin feel so healthy an instant after it is applied. It is transformative and soothing, changing any dry spots into smooth, healthy skin. It works well as a hand cream as it doesn't leave the palms feeling sticky. It also feels very rewarding when applied to elbows as it smooths out the arid crinkles. It feels like my skin has had a long, cool drink whenever I apply the cream!

The cream protects my skin from the elements and from urban life throughout the day. The formula contains no sun protection factor so does not offer any protection against sunburn which is the only thing that puts me off using it every day.

The cream has a very subtle shimmer effect. It contains a fine silver sparkle which is barely detectable unless you hold your skin up to a light source. It looks very pretty and it's not too gaudy. It brightens the skin and makes it look perky and sun-kissed.
The Fragrance

La Vie Est Belle is Lancome's best selling perfume product and it was launched in 2012. Lancome have a range of complimentary skin care products, including dry oil and lotion, which are fragranced with the popular scent.

The perfume has top notes of blackcurrant and pear with middle notes of iris, jasmine and orange blossom with base notes of tonka bean, vanilla, praline and patchouli.

I have used many fragranced lotions and creams before and most of the time I have had some experience of also using the perfume product. In my experience fragranced creams and lotions do not always have an identical scent to the perfume product. As I mentioned earlier I have never used the La Vie Est Belle Eau de Parfum so I can not attest that it represents the perfume product well. I can only describe my experience of the fragrance of the cream alone.

I would describe the scent as being very sweet and akin to the peppy notes of a fruit based body spray product aimed at teens although it is certainly more elegant and subtle. It is reminiscent of lemonade and liquorice, with warm hints of vanilla cream and some prickly florals. The fragrance is extremely pleasing to me as it is ultra feminine in personality. It is not overbearing and it embodies beauty and grace. I find the fragrance quite calming and refreshing. It is definitely mood boosting and it makes me feel like I'm pampering myself when I apply the cream. I know that I smell wonderful when I use the product because the scent is long lasting and it radiates from my skin and is noticeable to myself and to others.
Overall Opinion

This is certainly one of the nicest body moisturisers I have ever used. The silky soft consistency of the cream is divine and the hydrating capabilities of the product are impressive. Most important of all is the fact that this cream actually smells like something special. The cream features a high quality fragrance which I believe would be suitable for all ages to enjoy.

Price and Availability

This cream is priced at £50 on the official Lancome website but it is slightly less expensive at other stores and can be found at department stores including Debenhams in the UK.

The Lancome website can be accessed at:

• Pointress published 21/07/2017
    Fab review
  • Sparky43352 published 18/07/2017
    VH :)
  • kiss_me2070 published 17/07/2017
    Great review - E.

offers "Lancome La Vie Est Belle Body Lotion"