Landmann S/S Pedestal

Landmann S/S Pedestal

Outdoor Barbecues - Charcoal - Standard Construction - Round

Review of "Landmann S/S Pedestal"

published 12/04/2012 | RosesAreRed1207
Member since : 11/05/2011
Back from holiday with a new username to match my blog, check it out!
Pro attractive, height adjustable
Cons hard to clean
Performance
Safety

"do not sit on this pedestal"

I love BBQ food in the summer and as it is fast on the approach, I thought I would share with you my thoughts on my own machine that we bought last year. We bought a Landmann pedestal BBQ and we bought it from a garden centre. I'm not BBQ expert and before purchasing the model I had no idea who the company were. It turns out than Landmann are well known for BBQ manufacture and make aesthetically appealing models that are great to cook on.

==Price and availability==

The Pedestal BBQ costs around £39.99 and on googling it, the best price I can is £36.00. It is stocked in garden centres, DIY stores and online such as Amazon.co.uk.

==Description==

The BBQ is very attractive looking and is made from stainless steel. We bought a cover for the BBQ to protect it from the elements. Although stainless steel should not rush as easily as steel or iron, it is not completely stain proof and we wanted to keep the grill looking new and shiny.
The BBQ is height adjustable and has a long column in the middle. At the bottom of the stand is a little vent so you can turn it open to allow oxygen in, or shut it off depending on what stage of cooking you are on. At the base of the bbq is a sturdy, stable stand. It keeps very upright and holds the bbq securely in one place.

At the top of the bbq is the grill section. The grill section has a diameter of around 39cm and is circular. There is a wind blocker at the back, curved around the food. This does not do very much but it does prevent ash blowing over the back. The grill is finished in chrome and has two wooden handles to remove the grill from the BBQ mount. The grill is adjustable and there are three heights you can set it to, depending on what you are cooking. Underneath the grill is an ash collector, this makes cleaning the bbq much easier as it makes it easier to dispose of the debris. The base of the grill section is well made and feels very robust. The whole thing comes in bits to assemble but these are easy to put together and the bbq comes with the relevant screws you will need.

==My experiences==

I love bbq time and this one is very nice. It is not as portable as we first thought though as it is quite big. Once it has been used a few times too , you don't want to be putting it in your car as it is a little dirty. I love the design of this bbq and I think that it looks very stylish. The bbq has a very contemporary look to it and it looks in the part on my decking.

My boyfriend does most of the bbqing and I am usually left with the cleaning of the grill and the bowl. (I wish he was this passionate about the oven but a conventional oven does not ooze testosterone unlike flames in the garden... The bbq is good for a couple as you can adjust it to suit your height, if he lets me use it, I can move it down so that it feels more comfortable to use.

As I said above, I usually get left with cleaning the grill, this is hard especially with burnt sausage and various marinades stuck to it and I do not think that the chrome finish makes any difference to how easy it is to clean. It still takes me a lot of scrubbing.

The bbq will comfortably cook for 4-5 people as long as you put enough coal on. You can keep putting more food on as it cooks and there is enough room to work with. The bbq shaft and bowl do get quite hot so I would be wary of leaving it unattended with children, but on the whole I consider it quite safe and easy to handle.

==Overall==

Functional and stylish, I am looking forward to sunny days and cooked sausage in the garden.

• Mildew82 published 15/04/2012
    Good luck with finding some sunny days!