Claire_DC 5

Claire_DC

Member since:19.08.2005

Rose Tinted... Hands!

23.02.2011

Advantages:
Moisturising, Long acting

Disadvantages:
A little pricey, but worth it .  Scent isn't great for me who doesn't like rose scents .

How does it affect your skin?

Does it smell good?It's okay

How easily is it absorbed?Average absorbed

Why did you buy it?Advertising, Recommendation

Value for moneyExcellent

25 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. Alyson29
  2. xdonzx
  3. mag3kids

I got given this as a birthday present and I felt I just had to review it sooner rather than later because Iíve been rather impressed by it already. Now my birthday was really very recent, but Iíve been using it ever since, and twice per day so feel like Iíve given it a decent amount of usage to be able to form an opinion. I must first tell you that I am not a fan of rose scents at all, they always seem to remind me of hair removal creams for some reason and some actually make me gag... not good.

So why did I decide to ask for Lanolips ROSE balm intense on my birthday list? Well purely because it said that it was an intense balm for very dry hands (and nails) and this seemed like it could be exactly what I needed for my hands that get so very dry that I just had to ignore my intense dislike of rose scented products to give it a try. I have to admit that I have been somewhat surprised by the scent to be honest, I donít love it by any stretch of the imagination, but then it doesnít have me gagging either which is half the battle already won for me; but If you like rose scents then I suspect that you will like this very much.

The balm itself is very heavy and thick and it does take a bit of working to get it all over my hands (I find that if I just warm it in my palms that itís a lot easier to use) but once I can get it all over them, I just love the silky velvety feeling that Iím left with. Now this isnít something that is suitable for everybody; if your hands are not in need of massive hydration then I suggest you get the lesser intense cream that is available instead as it does also sit very heavily on the hands after application, even on my hands that can be incredibly dry so I tend to use it when I know I donít really need to do or touch anything for a while, just to give it a chance to soak in.

The results? Well it hasnít cured me of all my ills (I have small psoriasis patches on my fingers) but it has left my hands (and psoriasis) a lot more moisturised and nourished and not just in the moments after using it either like a lot of other hand creams. Iíve gone from applying hand cream quite constantly throughout the day to just twice with this stuff (once in the morning and once before bed) so I will definitely continue to use it Ė although I will still use other hand creams, because I WANT to, not because I HAVE to which will be lovely.

As an extra note regarding my psoriasis patches, whilst theyíre still quite red I have found that they donít get as dry and this in turn stops them getting cut by the slightest brush of something against them. Iíd say this was well worth a try for anybody who has any condition like this that leaves their hands dry and sore.

The product is available at VictoriaHealth.com for £8.99 which is well worth spending on this, in my opinion but is also now (recently) available at Boots stores and website (£9.18) Ė although Victoria Health is slightly cheaper, but you would have to factor in postage costs for orders under £25 and also Boots points if you have an advantage card.

Alyson29 10.07.2011 19:51

I haven't seen this before and it sounds lovely x

mag3kids 11.03.2011 19:26

Sounds well worth the money. Good review.

paulpry118 25.02.2011 23:10

I like the smell of rose