Lastminute.com

Lastminute.com

Review of "Lastminute.com"

published 26/09/2003 | flottie
Member since : 25/08/2000
Pro um... er... nope, sorry, can't think of ANY
Cons They couldnt give 2 hoots about their customers
Layout & Design
Navigation
How fast is this website?
Content Update
Search Facility

"Last Minute - don't go there!!"

Seems like Last Minute are still up to their dodgy (but legal) practices.

Back in Dec 2002, just before Xmas, I ordered flowers for a friend's mother who's worsening MS meant that she didnt have very long left in this life. Flowers were one of the few things left which
she could enjoy and I chose her favourites - freesias.

I requested a delivery date, but specified that if that wasnt possible, just send them at the earliest opportunity.

They charged my card and I thought no more of it. Until I returned from Xmas at my parents to find an email saying they couldnt make the date.
So I emailed back saying 'fine, just send them when you can', and went off on a New Year trip. By the time I got back (Jan 6th ish) there was still no response, and when I checked with my friend, no flowers had been delivered.

I put it down to basic error, but figured they'd refund me soon enough. In the meantime, my friends mum sadly passed away (RIP).

In August of this year, I was checking thru old statements and realised they still hadnt refunded me. I wrote via their customer complaint form on
the site (no phone number I notice!) saying I wanted my refund and I want 8 months interest on the withheld money.

So then I get a response saying roughly - 'how shocking - we'll investigate and get back to you.'

A couple of weeks pass, and whilst clearing out an old webmail account of the usual junk (that's why I no longer use it) I find an email saying - 'Oh look, you never got your flowers, we're dealing with it.' (Er.. yeah I told you that!)

Then another - again sent to the wrong email address - saying 'We checked with the
supplier and they can't deliver them any more.' They have offered me a £5 voucher for my
inconvenience! What a joke - I'll NEVER deal with them again, but the point is - no mention of my refund! But worse - can you imagine how much pain and heartache to my friend's family they would have caused if the supplier HAD been able to deliver, after all these months - it's unforgivable! Not to mention the fact that the attempt is contrary to my expressed instructions!

I'll be contacting Watchdog and the relevant consumer/trading bodies, but here's an interesting thing...

The only phone number on the website is for Investor Relations. So its quite clear where their
priorites lie.

Apalling company - don't even think about going there!!

• Newboy3 published 18/04/2007
    Interesting review. I’m not a big fan of last minute.com either.
  • StephenBargewell published 02/12/2003
    Having been on the receiving end of lm.com's nastiness and shocking behaviour I am sadly not surprised by this story. I agree absolutely with your advice never to use lastminute.com - if things do go wrong you will be in for one hell of a fight for recompense (note we are not talking about compensation here - just the extra money they cause you to lose). God knows how much money they have stolen in this way when people eventually just give up the fight.
  • Monkeymum published 28/09/2003