Laura Ashley Peony Embroidered Duvet Cover

Laura Ashley Peony Embroidered Duvet Cover

Duvet Cover

Review of "Laura Ashley Peony Embroidered Duvet Cover"

published 09/04/2015 | anwar
Member since : 30/04/2003
All reads gratefully received! If I miss you give me a shout! Thanks for the premium fund ciao!
Pro 100% cotton, gorgeous design, well made
Cons expensive. creases

"Getting under the peonies"

I asked for Ciao to add this Laura Ashley duvet cover to the catalogue as its so gorgeous and I wanted to share my thoughts with you! Let me begin by saying that I have a large double room that I use as my spare bedroom. I decorated it using Laura Ashley dusky pink paint on three walls with a dusky pink, peony wallpaper on the remaining wall. I think the rooms looks lovely and I recently bought some full length curtains in the next sale.

I love Laura Ashley although usually wait for their sale before I buy as they are very expensive at full price. Just before Christmas I spotted a duvet cover that I thought would be perfect for my guest room and as it was in the sale I bought it. I also bought 2 matching pillowcases. I usually opt for 100% cotton bedding and this can be tricky to find. Laura Ashley has a good range of cotton bedding and I can usually find something to love!

The peony duvet cover is available in double, king size and super king size. The double I bought measures 200 cm x 200 cm. It has four large peonies embroidered in the centre on a white background. The outside edges have a dusky pink silk effect band. The duvet has a button fastening closure and the buttons are well secured. I mention this as I sometimes find buttons are not very secure and quickly fall off.

The pillow cases have to be purchases separately and have a matching peony in the centre with the same silk edging. I seem to remember I paid about £12 each for the pillow cases. The double duvet is still available in the sale for £48.

This was an expensive duvet set despite the sale reduction! However I think it looks and feels gorgeous; you really can’t beat 100 % cotton. The set washes well although on the negative side it does crease quite badly and needs to be ironed to look its best.

I have slept under this cover and it feels very luxurious. Overall I am really pleased with my purchase and think it was worth the high price tag. The duvet cover is available from Laura Ashley both in store and from their web site.

• missrarr published 03/05/2015