Learndirect

Learndirect

Review of "Learndirect"

published 21/12/2004 | JeffreyB
Member since : 29/05/2004
Good
Pro Accessability
Cons Status

"Learn the Learndirect way"

Example of Learndirect certification

Example of Learndirect certification

I heard about Learndirect and the University for Industry during the run up to the new labour government (1997). Since then I have been tracking it’s rapid development. Learndirect is built around the concept of e learning. The website offers a user-friendly interface. You are quickly able to access support linking subject to place. Suggesting courses at Learndirect centres or others for registration. There is also for now free telephone access.

Using the centres and Internet access Learndirect helps students organise their GOALS and LEARNING OBJECTIVES. Learndirect helps students study and achieve academic, professional and vocational qualifications. You can buy courses online.

Links for business include free business fact sheets and learning solutions for business. Study for qualifications through work and with agreed selected Universities, this route is normally less expensive than more traditional routes. Universities include Anglia Polytechnic University, City University (London), Thames Valley University (from 2004).

The UNIVERSITY FOR INDUSTRY Ltd is the organisation responsible for Learndirect it is the largest government backed supported e - learning initiative in the world. Its remit is to provide high quality post - 16 learning for those in need to enhance their employability.

MY EXPERIENCE

I registered for my 1st Learndirect course in 2002. I was keen to develop an interest in online learning and my skills as an online tutor. The diagnostic website at the time suggested a suite of courses under the title “The Online Tutor“. I registered at my local centre for the 1st “Online Tutor in Context“. The good news it had only 4 short modules (5 hours for each module). The bad news its price quoted at £177 was rather expensive (I received a subsidy). I was allocated a tutor with the relevant login details and told I need not spend any more time at the centre. I completed the course at home calling into the centre for check ups (it is useful to have your own Internet connected PC). At the end of the course my tutor invited me to assist with new students at the centre which gave an empirical feel to the study and helped justify the job-training subsidy.

Learndirect and the University for Industry are a rapidly growing organisation, if they have not got what you need now they might have it later ! logon - TUNE IN TURN ON.

• queen_rain published 03/01/2005
    The amount you had to pay for just a few hours learning does seem too expensive. I thought learndirect was meant to make learning accessible, but at this price, it is forbidding to many who have no income.
  • Billiondollardes published 21/12/2004
    I need a new career. Might look at this.

Product Information : Learndirect