Leather Case for Sony eBook Reader

Leather Case for Sony eBook Reader

Keep your Sony eBook Reader safe and stylish while you're on the move with this smart black leather case.

Review of "Leather Case for Sony eBook Reader"

published 21/11/2011 | Spottydog11
Member since : 07/09/2007
Reviews : 1977
Pro Nice looking, protects well
Cons None
Sound Quality
Looks & Design

"Leather case"

I have had my Sony eBook reader for a number of years now, way before the Kindle came out but I am kind of wishing I could get the Kindle instead as the reviews on it look really good. However, I've had no complaints with this e-book reader so I really don't have any reason to change. I am currently in the process of writing a review about this eBook reader which is a Sony PRS-505 but in the mean time I will review the leather case I have to protect the reader. I have cases and protectors for all my electronic goods as I believe once you have spent quite a lot of money on items like this it is important to keep them safe and protected and looking as good as new. THis way they will work better and last longer and hopefully I will no need to replace them any time soon, just when the technology advances and my version is out of date.

This leather case is really quite swish looking and I think makes the reader look quite posh and sophisticated. The case is black and has an orange leather on the inside. This provides anise contrast from the black of the outside of the case and the chrome/silver of the eBook reader. The case is stitched all around the outside and this breaks up the monotonous look of just all leather. The case is almost like a book itself. It has two flaps at the front that fold over and close with the help of a magnetic strip all the way down one side. This always makes the case stay together and keeps the front protected. The case is open at the bottom and the top which allows you to access the power button at the top and to put the card reader in the top also. The opening at the bottom allows you access to the volume and the section where you can plug in your headphones.

The eBook reader stays in the case as it is attached to a black plastic strip or spine on the left hand side of the case. This clips the eBook reader in but still allows it to move around and act like a book. If you want extra protection for your screen whilst you are reading this book I suggest a plastic screen protector as this case will protect the screen whilst the eBook is not in use but not whilst you are reading it.

The case is somewhat padded also, not very thickly but just enough to provide protection to your eBook reader if you drop it or something like that. I have dropped mine numerous times but this has not affected the reader in any way so the case is definitely doing a good job. The leather is still beautifully in tact even after a few years, there are no rips and tears so I know it is of good quality. If I remember righty this leather cover cost in the £20 and was bought from PC World.

• Coloneljohn published 28/11/2011
    This does sound very nice and practical. John
  • catsholiday published 22/11/2011
    Something essential for any ebook I would say