kappaslap... 5

kappaslappa

About me: Still married to Badger_Boy and now has a blog - www.beautyqueenuk.co.uk

Member since:13.07.2003

Even slappas get bored with kinky

06.07.2004

Advantages:
It smells great and it works

Disadvantages:
None yet

75 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  2. ladyboymondaytofriday
  3. soph71
somewhat helpful by (1%):
  1. x_eleri_x

When it comes to hair lotions and hair potions, creams, balms, wax, mousse, spray, leave in hair care, taming water etc… ive got the lot and ive tried them all.

About five months ago, I entered the world of GHD, for those of you who do not know what GHD means it is quite simply professional ceramic hair straighteners, which heat up to 210 degrees in 6 seconds.

My hair curls naturally and it drives me insane, I used to spend hours sat in front of the mirror admiring myself, erm sorry I mean straightening my hair but not anymore, these things are a god send and if I ever lost them or if they broke, I would be at my wits end. Thankfully, now I have smooth silky straight hair that shined.

Now ive got my nice straight hair I need to ensure it is protected from the heat of the straighteners because at 210 degrees they could cause some irreparable damage if used too often.

As ive said already, ive tried hundreds of lotions, potions and I came across the Lee Stafford range in Cosmopolitan magazine about two months ago, and I decided to go on the search to find it.

** What is the Lee Stafford Range **

To be honest I had never heard of Lee Stafford or his range of products until I saw them advertised, so when I came across the whole range in Boots I was quite pleased, especially as his range is not too highly priced.

Within the Lee Stafford range there is shampoo and conditioners for all types of hair. Then there is the styling range which again features products for those who want volume, those who don’t want volume, those who like messy hair, those who want straight hair, those who want shiney hair and finally the one I was looking for ‘flat iron protection shine mist’.

** Who is Lee Stafford **

After a bit of research on www.leestafford.com I have found that Lee Stafford is a known hair stylist from Essex who won Men's British Hairdresser of the Year 1998. He has salons in both Essex and in Soho in London.

** How to spot the range **

The packaging of all the Lee Stafford products is easy to spot because it is purple (or hot pink which ever you prefer) and it really stands out on the shelves amongst its competitors. Emblazoned upon the bottle is the Lee Stafford Logo, which is a gold dog and appears above the name Lee Stafford.

The bottle itself is thin and as it is a spray mist, it is a lot easier to use. Written upon the bottle are the ingredients, which are Green Tea extracts, which is apparently a heat protective agent when using hot irons. The Green Tea also helps to prevent the build up of static when using the hot irons.

** How to use it **

Again upon the bottle are Lee’s Top Tips, for me this was really useful as I did not have a clue what I was supposed to do with it, I saw the advert and bought it because it sounded like a miracle cure. Therefore, I followed Lee’s top tips, which are as follows:

o Spray from arms length onto towel dried hair and blow dry.

o On each selection of dry hair before you use your irons, spray again from half an arms length lightly, then iron

o Happy protecting and shining.

When I use this spray I blow dry my hair first and then i section off my hair and spray it on the section of hair i want to straighten. I didn’t see the point in spraying my hair with it before I had dried it and it seems to work better that way.

** TAKE NOTE **

One thing to make note of is that the word ‘FLAMMABLE’ is clearly written in bold on the back of the bottle along with a caution warning of avoiding contact with the face and eyes (because it stings like hell, trust me) and also avoid using it near irritated or broken skin.

** Did it work? **

Did it work? Well after I had separated my hair into sections I gave it a go and the first thing I noticed was this really sweet smell which lasts all day on your hair and yes it did work. I did have poker straight hair for minimum fuss and for the first time ever I didn’t have to stand in front of the mirror for hours on end straightening each bit over and over again to get it straight.

** How much does it cost **

Well there is no need to hold onto your purse strings girls and boys because the one thing I did notice with this range of hair care is that it is nowhere near as expensive as products by people like Charles Worthington, Nicky Clarke or Trevor Sorbie for example, which to me was a double incentive to buy it.

The Poker Straight Flat Iron Protection Hair Mist I bought in Boots was only £4.99 for 200ml, it is £3.99 in my local Superdrug store, and I have not noticed any of this range in my local supermarkets.

*** Well if it is good enough for Dido ***

Apparently, Dido is a big fan of this hair care range and is known to have said it is the best stuff she has ever used. Now although im not a fan of hers and think she should change her name to Dildo or at least buy one and cheer up (sorry but she is miserable as hell and her music is so damn depressing) I do agree with her view on this Poker Straight Flat Iron Mist.

I would recommend this to anyone who has got some hot irons either GHD or another make and uses them regularly. I use this every time I use my straighteners and haven’t had a problem with my hair at all, ive recently been to my stylist and he says that the Lee Stafford Range is one of the best he has come across and it has caused my hair no damage, for that im thankful.

** Anything else? **

Well for more information, you can always go and visit www.leestafford.com and view all the products he has on offer and even see what he looks like and what he has to offer. His website is very easy to use and is very noticeable from the hot pink and purple colours which stand out immediately.

Pictures of Lee Stafford Hair Styling Products
Lee Stafford Hair Styling Products Picture 35292 tb
poker straight

Write your own review Report a problem with this review’s content

tekin21 09.06.2005 23:41

I have tried this in the past but didn't really get on with it. Jane x

missixty 25.04.2005 21:48

I love the smell of this range! x

Pmshack99 22.03.2005 12:33

think i will definitely have to check this out. i have naturally really wavy hair and am addicted to my straighteners also - and my hair is suffering as a result!!! great review. paula x