Lego Batman 70900 The Joker Balloon Escape

Lego Batman 70900 The Joker Balloon Escape

Lego Batman - For ages: 6 Years +

Review of "Lego Batman 70900 The Joker Balloon Escape"

published 20/03/2017 | kiss_me2070
Member since : 11/02/2004
A huge thanks for all the reads, rates and comments. It's much appreciated :)
Pro great for batman fans, colourful, easy to build, reasonable price
Cons nothing I can think of

"Don't Let The Joker Escape!"

= = = = = =
The Product
= = = = = =
This Batman themed Lego set is one that my youngest nephew recently got with some of his pocket money that he had saved up. To be honest I am not really sure why he decided to go for this as he has never ever shown any interest in Batman. This Lego set is a stage off between The Joker and Batman at the Gotham City Energy Facility in the Lego Batman Movie (which my nephew hasn't seen as far as I am aware). This set has a Joker mini figure as well as Joker's detachable balloon backpack and also a power plant build. The power plant has a moveable bomb element and silo with explode function and it also comes with a Batman mini figure that is armed with a grappling gun. This is a small Lego set with 124 pieces and the recommended age for the set is 6-12yrs. My nephew is 6 so the set was fine for him. The set comes in a small box with a couple of numbered bags and also an instructions leaflet on how to build the set.

Price/Availability
= = = = = = = =
You can purchase this Lego set from various different toy shops and from Amazon. Prices may vary; how-ever the set is priced at £11.39 on Amazon.

Building the Set
= = = = = = = =
The first thing to build is the mini figures (Batman and Joker) which are very easy to put together and my nephew was able to put them together without any problems. From here you will then build Joker's backpack which has the five balloons on. The bits that make up the backpack are quite small so I did help my nephew find a few of the bits that he needed. The power plant is also easy to build and my nephew only asked for my help when putting some of the stickers on. As this set is small it didn't take very long at all to build and once my nephew had built it he seemed very pleased with it.

= = = = = = = = = =
Playing with the Set
= = = = = = = = = =
Once built the pieces in the set look nice and colourful. Joker's backpack looks really bright with the coloured balloons and the flame detailing coming out from the bottom of the backpack really adds to it. The Joker mini figure is brilliantly detailed with detail on the body of the mini figure and also the detailing on Joker's face. The power plant looks good as well and measures approximately 6cm in height, 6cm in width and 7cm in depth. This is a good size and there a bit on the plant which you can press down and the silo will explode into two pieces. The power plant has some great detailing to it including the pipes, computer, pressure meter and also bomb element. Once the Silo has exploded into two parts it's easy to put back together again ready to set up to explode again. My nephew loves this function of the power plant and quite often will make a sound as though the Silo is exploding. Once it has exploded he is able to put it back together himself ready to make it explode again. The batman mini figure is also very detailed and looked great. The grappling gun with attached strong can be put into Batman's hand so it looks as though he's actually using it. When my nephew plays with the joker and backpack he will start from the floor and move it higher as though the Joker is getting away and he'll press down on the piece of Lego which makes the silo explode; although he never allows the Joker to get away as Batman always gets there in time to bring Joker down with his grappling gun.

Overall Opinion
= = = = = = = =
This set seems to be a reasonable Lego set and perfect for any Batman fan. I still don't know why my nephew wanted this set when he's not really a fan of Batman but he seems to enjoy playing with the set from time to time. I have only seen him play with this set a few times, but he does have a lot of Lego to so tend to go through fazes with what he wants to play with. This set is fun and I think the detailing of the power plant and the mini figures are brilliant. They don't seem to have missed out any detailing as the batman mini figure even has his cape and a moulded belt and Joker has a special coat on with the long tails as well. My nephew was able to put the set together without any major problems. He just needed some help with putting some of the stickers on and finding some of the smaller pieces. I think most children aged 6 or over will be able to put this together with very little help. In terms of value I think the set is reasonably priced for what it is. I like that the set is very bright and colourful which may be why it would probably appeal to some children. This set would go great with some of the other Lego Batman set's that are available; although I can't see my nephew wanting anymore Lego Batman. If you know someone whom is a Batman fun then this would definitely be a good set for them.

PLEASE NOTE: Ciao won't let me add the photo for some reason so I will try adding this later today.

• jo-1976 published 09/04/2017