Lego Belville Ice Cube Tray

Lego Belville Ice Cube Tray

Review of "Lego Belville Ice Cube Tray"

published 26/07/2008 | ivytoad
Member since : 18/09/2005
Pro Look cool, durable, dishwasher safe
Cons Maybe a bit too girly for the boys!

"Girly Ice Cubes!"

As it's summer and the weather is getting hotter I thought I would invest in an ice cube tray so that I could make my drinks extra cold. I'm not a big fan of the ice cube bags which you only use once, this adds up and they can get quite expensive (and for some reason I always manage to catch some of the plastic into the water so that there is plastic bag in the ice cubes - not good!) Also they are not very environmentally friendly, only being able to use them once.

I was on the lego website looking at the 'Apparel, Home & Outdoors' section when I came across this really cute ice cube tray. The ice cube tray is from the 'Belville' range of lego (basically lego for girls).

The tray comes in a soft pink rubber material. The tray is 17cm long and 11cm wide and makes a total of 10 ice cubes. It is rectangular in shape. There are 6 butterfly shaped ice cubes (three going down either side of the tray) and 4 heart shaped ice cubes which are placed in the middle of the ice cube tray, in between the butterfly ones. The ice cubes are a great size and look great floating around in any drink!

The heart shaped ice cubes are just a standard heart shape, but the butterfly ones have the details of a butterfly body. These always come out of the tray perfectly formed, I have never had any pieces break off in the mould.

The ice cubes are so easy to get out of the tray. Since it is made out of rubber you can simply push the mould to get them out. This sometimes means that the separate ice cube holes turn inside out, but they are really easy to pop back the right way again.

Since it is rubbery, you have to make sure that you put it on a flat surface in the freezer else you run the risk of the water running out of the tray.

The tray seems really hardy and durable and I'm sure it will last me for years.

The ice cube tray is also dishwasher safe, which makes for easy cleaning if it gets dirty.

The tray cost me £3.99 from the Lego website. Since there are no Lego shops near me I'm not sure if it is available in the high street Lego shops but I imagine it would be.

I would recommend this ice cube tray. It adds a bit of fun to your drink and it'll save you money in the long run in not buying ice cube bags!

(Also on Dooyoo)

• Expired-Account published 24/09/2008
    I like the look of this, nicely reviewed
  • MarcoG published 19/08/2008
    Ahhh, sounds cute :)
  • tune57 published 26/07/2008
    Love these, perfect for a girls night in.