Lego City 60107 Fire Ladder Truck

Lego City 60107 Fire Ladder Truck

Building & Construction Toy - Lego City - For ages: 6 Years +

Review of "Lego City 60107 Fire Ladder Truck"

published 01/01/2017 | LiveMusicLoverLyn
Member since : 23/03/2014
“If you’re not outraged, you’re not paying attention” Thanks for all the reads, rates, appreciated esp E rates, every E I give is well deserved.
Pro Good value, nice challenge. Quality
Cons No light up lights

"#Lego City Fire Truck ~ ~ ~"

Lego City 60107 Fire Truck

This is the set that I asked to be added to the catalogue before I bought it for my nephew, his brother has the previous fire set, so when I saw this on offer at Asda in the run up to Black Friday, I bought him this set for Christmas and here is our review:

What’s in the Box:

The box measures in at an approximate wrapper friendly 26.2 cm x 19.1cm x 6.1 cm.

The box is mostly blue in colour with the photograph style depiction of the 2 characters and the appliance attending a fire on the front. On the back is a cartoon style enactment of the figures being called out to a fire.

The set comprises of 217 pieces supplied in two bags and I’ll list some of them here:

Sticker Sheet
Fire extinguisher
Shovel
Circular saw
Axe
Flames
Various shapes of blocks and spacers
Wheel arches
A seat
A pullout fire hose
Freewheeling truck wheels
A fireman figure
A firewoman figure

Once built the truck measures approximately 8cm high x 20cm length x 5cm wide.
The set is marketed as for ages 5-12 and deemed not suitable to those under 3 due to small parts.

The Build:

This is a build from scratch set and having been enjoying the younger children building Duplo recently this at seems quite complicated to me. However my nephew is very experienced at Lego building and quickly skimmed through the little instruction book and got on with the build.

The main build is the truck itself, which comprises of many different sized and coloured pieces. He did go wrong a couple of times, but quickly rectified and continued with the build.

Once completed the fire engine has blue lights on top and the ladder sits on a platform that will travel the full 360 degrees that lifts and lowers and has two realistic looking hydraulic lifts. There is a reel for the hose on one side and an equipment cupboard on the other. The driver sits in the central driving seat and there is room for the other crew member behind this seat, although there is no further seating.

The fire engine has several blue glass effect bricks to look like blue flashing lights and the sticker set is logical where to place the stickers, creating hash markings and a number plate etc.

The flames fit on top of a stack of blocks to look like a trash can and can be used to enact a burning building with another set.

Playing:

Once built, my nephew did not spend much time actually playing with the set this time, gaining pleasure from the build before moving onto another present. It is easy to see that the wheels turn freely and that the size is ideal for children to move about and carry. Once built the structure was sound and strong and can be used for a vast number of play scenarios either with Lego, Duplo or other toys entirely.

Educational:

This is a more advanced build and therefore figuring out or following instruction skills are certainly bought into play, together with memory for those who have done similar builds before.

Some of the parts are very small and fiddly to fit, even for smaller hands so dexterity is tested thoroughly as well as strength where some pieces take a bit of pushing into place for a smaller person.

Opinion:

This is a really nice set, I’d say that largely due to his older brother’s influence my nephew although at the younger age for this set is an advanced user for his age. I think that the age group of five to twelve years is very fair for this set, as even the more advanced users will gain pleasure from the build and the less experienced can soon figure it out with help from the booklet if they do not have many similar builds under their belt. Younger and less experienced users may need help from an adult.

This sits well with the other Lego vehicles that the boys have and the plethora of trucks, I think it is good value that you get two figures and very PC to have a female and male fire fighter. I honestly cannot think of anything negative about this set other than my regular gripe that light up lights would be a very nice touch.

Price & Availability:

I bought this set in the Black Friday deals at Asda and currently Asda have for sale at £17.97. Other outlets selling the set include Tesco Direct at £17.09 plus p&p, £17.99 from Very and £22.99 from Littlewoods. The set can also be bought from Amazon at £20.98 plus £2.00 postage (Prices January 2017).

Conclusion & Stars:

I really like this set and I am so glad I bought it! I think it is ideal for enthusiasts over five years and will work for all abilities. I also believe that it represents excellent value for money and I am happy to recommend it highly and award the full 5 stars.

Ideal when you need to same someone from a burning building.

• sirodar published 19/01/2017
    My youngest got this for Christmas - we built it, and then he destroyed it, mixed all the bits with his massive box of Lego and now, it will never be a fire truck again - maybe a giraffe with wheels though?
  • 2mennycds published 04/01/2017
    great review
  • cornishchic published 03/01/2017
    great review x

offers "Lego City 60107 Fire Ladder Truck"