Lego City 60119 Ferry

Lego City 60119 Ferry

Building & Construction Toy - Lego City - For ages: 6 Years +

Review of "Lego City 60119 Ferry"

published 18/11/2016 | bexx0907
Member since : 23/06/2009
Many thanks for all the R/R/C's, all much appreciated! Try to ensure I return the favour for all, but if I do miss you then give me a shout so I can get onto it!
Pro Easy to build, fun for kids
Cons Feels a bit flimsy when made

"Lego City Ferry 60119"

For many years, my son has collected Lego and has built up quite a vast collection, receiving many Lego products as gifts from family and friends over the years. The Lego collection has vastly extended over the years, but my son has only ever had an interest in the Lego City range, as when he was younger he loved the idea of building & creating his own city, and that’s exactly what he has done.

At the age of 13, he doesn’t really play with it now like he used too, but still asks for and receives Lego City items for Birthdays and Christmas as he loves adding to his ‘City’ although his enjoyment nowadays isn’t so much about the playing side of things, as he enjoys building them more now and really gets a sense of achievement from finishing building a product with very little, or even no help from me or his Dad.

One of the most recent items that he added to his collection was the 60119 Lego City ferry. In comparison to some of the huge Lego products he owns, this is quite small in comparison but is still a decent size to play with. As with most Lego products nowadays, you get the main product itself (which in this case is the ferry), but you also get accessories to enable your child to play with this item on its own as a single unit, so it is still perfectly usable even if your child doesn’t own other products from the range.

As I didn’t purchase this myself for my son as he received it as a gift, I have had to look up the price of this ferry for the purpose of this review and have found that it generally retails at between £19.99 and £24.99, which is a little overpriced in my opinion as I would have expected it to be more around the £15 mark.

The ferry itself is bright yellow in colour and features double ended gates that can be lowered to enable the car (which is included) to drive onto the ferry. You get a Ferry Captain and female car driver little lego people included within the set too. I do like that you can use this ferry in water (though in our experience it doesn’t float particularly well!), though obviously if you do that then the usual common sense safety precautions should be adhered to, such as not leaving a young child alone when playing with water, though for me a very young child shouldn’t be left alone anyway when playing with Lego due to a potential choking hazard, hence why the recommended age range for this product is aged 3+.

This was quite an easy toy to build as my son managed it on his own with no input from either myself or his Dad, and it didn’t take him long to do it either, though I partly put that down to the fact that Lego instructions, no matter what product you are building, are really easy to follow which is always helpful.

When built, this ferry does look quite impressive, though it does feel a little flimsy in my opinion and you feel like the slightest knock will have it falling apart quite easily.

Overall, this certainly isn’t one of the best products in the range, there are certainly bigger and better Lego products that my son owns, but it was easy to build and looks quite impressive and is a nice addition to my sons collection, though a little overpriced in my opinion and so therefore it comes with a recommendation from me, though not a high one.

• rolandrat123 published 02/12/2016
    vh
  • Chippytarka published 22/11/2016
    Nicely reviewedx
  • pinotprincess published 21/11/2016
    my son would love this

offers "Lego City 60119 Ferry"