Lego Duplo 5416: Duplo Brick Box

Lego Duplo 5416: Duplo Brick Box

Review of "Lego Duplo 5416: Duplo Brick Box"

published 03/12/2011 | claireylulu
Member since : 09/06/2010
Finally back :-) Might take me a while to get back into things. I have missed writing
Pro fun, creative, durable, great storage box
Cons you will need to build on this small set quite soon.

"Duplo the must have building material for a toddler."

It doesn’t seem that long ago I was holding my first born in my arms for the first time, now he is three and a half years old and my youngest is coming up for two years old. At the beginning of this year we realised they had out grown the large mega Bloks to build with and needed something a bit more challenging. We decided to move onto Duplo bricks. To test the water as to whether they would play with the bricks we brought the small bucket of bricks which is like a starter box for duplo novices.

The Lego Duplo box 5416 has changed slightly since the picture above but is very nearly the same. The cat has been replaced with a cute looking white and black dog. The green plastic box the bricks come in is a strong study box that will hold the bricks and many more when you add to the collection. It is roughly 19cms in height, 25.5cms at its widest point and about 14cms in depth. It isn’t too large so even in a small house like me it isn’t a struggle to store!

The box contains 33 pieces in total, there a range of different size bricks and in different bright colours. Included in the set is a blue and a red flower, a red window with a yellow opener, two bricks with eyes on them in red and a yellow and a lovely looking black and white dog. We found to begin with this was ample for my son’s to start with but over a few months we have realised it is only a starter pack and we need more to make better creations.

My eldest son instantly took to the duplo and has enjoyed making his own creations with them but he soon became frustrated with the amount of bricks with the set and wanted more to make bigger and better things. As for my youngest he didn’t get a look in with the limited amount of bricks my eldest had used them all in his own buildings. We have since expanding the collection and they both get so much enjoyment out of building with them. My eldest son likes to build his own houses or funny looking animals were as my youngest who is 20 months just enjoys stacking them into a large tower.

Duplo is recommended for children aged 18 months to 5 years. I think it is the next set up from the large mega bloks. It is the in between step of large mega bloks and the small pieces of Lego. The pieces are of a decent size for small hands and are great to get the imagination of a small child going. The colours of the brick are bright and would entice any small child to play with them. What child doesn’t like the idea of building a creation of their own.

Although I have mentioned there is a limit to what you can make with this set I did find it a great starter pack. There is a good range of different bricks in it and it is the best way to introduce a young child to something a little at a time. Duplo has a wide range of sets so it is easy to add to your set making it easy for birthday and Christmas presents.

This particular set will cost you £13.99 on Amazon and is about average for a basic Duplo set. Duplo is a fantastic creative toy that will last your child several years progressing them onto the likes of Lego. So I feel you do get value for money here.

This review may be posted on other sites under the same user name

Product Information : Lego Duplo 5416: Duplo Brick Box

Colourful and creative play! Creativity starts with LEGO DUPLO® bricks! These safe, durable pieces are perfect for young hands and imaginative minds. Includes a cat, a window, flowers, and lots of bricks for building, all in a sturdy storage box with lid. A perfect introduction to DUPLO building fun: this new storage box includes a cat, a window, flowers and shaped bricks. 18 Months - 5 Years

Character: Duplo

Type: Building & Construction Toy

Long Name: Duplo 5416: Duplo Brick Box

Manufacturer: Lego

Age: 12 Months +

MPN: 221217, 221217, 5416

EAN: 0673419131346, 5055379882271, 5055380057606, 5702014499706, 0673419131346, 5055379882271, 5055380057606, 5702014499706

Listed on Ciao since: 05/05/2007