Building & Construction Toy - Lego SpongeBob SquarePants

Review of "Lego Spongebob 3834: Good Neighbours At Bikini Bottom"

published 19/11/2009 | marcellep2
Member since : 04/01/2007
Pro Lego, Size, Design
Cons None

"Lego Does Spongebob Square Pants"

Lego City 3834

My 6 year old son is still Lego daft; He wants every lego set he sees. With Xmas coming up we have not been buying a new sets as Santa will be bringing many for him. Fortunately a family friend bought my son a brand new set and to make it even better it was one of his favourite cartoon characters “Sponge Bob”. Any person reading this review will know how daft kids are on Sponge Bob, well now Lego have a unique set available for all to buy.

I am reviewing Lego 3834 which is the Spongebob Good Neighbour at Bikini Bottom

As I say on all my Lego reviews, more information on this particular set is available by clicking on the link below or surfing over to Lego.com and entering the number 3834.

Assembling the products

This set is aimed at children between the age of 7 years and 12 years, but as my son is 6 years I can confirm that it’s suitable for a little younger. As per usual with Lego set the box is very oversized and you will need to offer assistance to your child when carrying it and opening. The positive thing is that all the cardboard that Lego use to secure their sets within is 100% recyclable

As usual when you open the set your child will be delighted to say the least, I always help my son pour the Lego on to the floor which will make it easier for him to assemble. The set comprises of many individual sets of Lego which go to make up the bigger set. From memory there were 6 bags which all had their own Lego within it and two sets on instructions.

Now down to the bit we all love, getting the set built.

If you’re not familiar with Spongebob, I will give you a quick overview. Spongebob and his friends live under the sea. He lives in a pineapple and spends most of his time with his sea friends.

The attention to detail is fantastic on this set. My son started to build the pineapple first as that is the centre of this set. It taken him over 30 minutes to assemble, sitting following the instruction page by page until he had built the entire pineapple. My son did find the roof a little hard to erect and needed some assistance with that. Within the pineapple it has a Television, Sofa and even a bed. I really think Lego have gone the extra mile with this product.

In addition to the pineapple to you also have the miniature figures of Spongebob, Patrick, Squidward and Gary the snail. These really go to make up what kids believe to be the real Spongebob set.

Extra parts within the set include, A boat which has wheels to allow kids to push it around, a nice cold shower for all the figures use (Fortunate no water) and a grill to allow Spongebob to make his famous burgers.

There are a total of 425 pieces within this set.

Instructions

I always go on about instructions within the sets; I truly believe that Lego instructions make the set even better. They are clear, concise and very easy to follow. The illustrations are very real like and all kids will find them a god send when building there sets. I would certainly advise you to keep all instructions as when the kids dismantle the set you can easily give them the instructions again and they can re-assemble.

Design and overall opinion

I have to say that Lego cease to amaze when it comes to their sets. This has to be one of the most realistic sets that I have seen to date. The overall scale of the set is fantastic, the attention to detail is outstanding.

I can guarantee for any Spongebob/Lego fan they will have so much fun playing with this set, my son keeps saying to me dad it’s just like the TV set. When my son plays with it you can hear it talking like the characters which is fantastic for his own confidence, he uses his imagination to create a story using them too.

Please remember that Lego is relatively small and children can easily choke on small parts, so if your child is one that enjoys eating all sorts then I would recommend that you watch your child when playing with this item.

From reading my review you can tell that I will not have any problem recommending this set to any Lego fan. However as it’s fairly expensive in comparison to others I would ensure your child definitely wants it prior to buying.

Price and availability

I always include this section as I feel it assists when potential buyers.

Lego.com and Retails at £36.19 – This item is currently on back order and no stock is expected until 12th Feb 2010

Amazon - £65.79 plus £8 delivery – RIP OFF

Ebay – RIP OFF

Argos - £36.99

More Information

More information about Lego- http://www.lego.com/eng/info/

Thanks for reading

Marcellep2 Ciao 2009

• kevin121 published 25/04/2011
    How things have changed since I played with Lego!
  • catsholiday published 17/05/2010
    Lego is great but wow some of those prices!
  • runningman77 published 31/03/2010
    Very thorough review. Have just bought this for our 5 year old, the pieces are being spread around the house as we speak! Alex