Let's Go - Rancid
1 CD(s) - Ska - Label: Epitaph - Distributor: ADA/Cinram Logistics - Released: 01/1995 - 8714092643428
2 reviews from the community
Review of "Let's Go - Rancid"
This album is one of the reasons why Rancid are so great. this isnt acutally their best album in terms of general listening, for that see ".....and out come the wolves", but in terms of pure punk this is the best.ill describe the band:
Tim - Vox +lead Guitar
Hes got a kind of weird gruff -street voice that manages to convey so much pain and emotion kinda like bradley nowell from sublime can
Amazing backing vox, ok guitarist
Matt - Bass
Great bassist, bass you can actually hear and makes a significant impact on the songs, again great backin vox.
Standard drummer, gets the job done,
Album:Kicks off to an explosive start with Nihilism. This song may actually put people off, coz the style is hardcore but its the ONLY h/c song on their so skip it if you dont like that.
the next song is the most liked by most people. Radio is really catchy. Salvation is my favourite because its a really nice whoa kind of song with some cool riffs.The rest of the songs are pretty mcuh layout of tims verse and a backing vox chorus. Theres too many to mention but they are pretty original and definately no album fillers
Heres the top few songs for the average listener:
Gave it Away
Black and Blue
7 years down
(i would name more but that would defeat the object of "few")
Heres top few for some who likes cradle of filth:
- Really nice backing vocals to emphasise choruses
- Highly original
- Good generally, no matter what your musical tastes may be
- Great lyrics, covers a range of social issues, stuff like poverty, unity, freedom as well relationship stuff
- not as good "...and out come the wolves"
- few average songs eg tenderloin, gunshot, name.....well nobody's perfect
- You may have to get used to Tim's "scratched throat" voice. (if you've heard of the distillers youll notice Tim's ex wife Brody's voice sounds exactly like his. weird hey? well maybe she didnt leave him for another guy? maybe he threw her out coz her balls were bigger than his?)
If you dont believe me goto www.interpunk.com and dload the clip of salvation and goto the official rancid site and dload all of the ones they have. (note official site does not have any of the best songs but out of the ones they do have, get: ghetto box, sidekick, burn)thanx
p.s get this or at least get "...and out come the wolves"
Product Information : Let's Go - Rancid
Manufacturer's product description1 CD(s) - Ska - Label: Epitaph - Distributor: ADA/Cinram Logistics - Released: 01/1995 - 8714092643428
Listed on Ciao since: 15/03/2003