Lexus GS 300 3.0 V6

Lexus GS 300 3.0 V6

Lexus present the GS300 3.0 V6 Saloon with 6 Speed Automatic Gearbox, Rear (RWD) running on Unleaded Petrol

Review of "Lexus GS 300 3.0 V6"

published 11/04/2003 | djmike
Member since : 11/04/2003
Pro Spacious
Cons Sluggish, Fuel Economy, New models pricey!
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption
Looks

"A Pure Dream..."

I have owned a 1998 Lexus GS300 SE MK II (New Model). I purchased this approx a year ago after trading in my old Mk1 Lexus GS300.
The only thing I have had to replace so far, are the tyres due to natural wear/tear.

The ride is smooth/comfortable, and as with all Lexus you have a that feeling you are in a safe / prestige car. This car also turns heads (No not the average boy racer, but the average joe bloggs in the street!).

I am always getting compliments on how well it looks and since putting a private plate on, it looks almost brand new (even after coming upto 5 years old).

The only quarm I have is that the MPG for local trips could be better. On a run, it averages 28-30mpg. Round the doors, nearer 19-20.

I would definately recommend a GS300 MK2 to anyone considering it. The NAVIAGATION version is a very good option but expensive if bought as a new factory option.

• bubbletown published 08/11/2003
    ooo yeah it really is a pure dream!
  • Tickly published 11/04/2003
    welcome to Ciao. Very stylish car indeed, I agree. Tickly
  • patriciat published 11/04/2003
    Of the many cars we have owned over the years, the Lexus is my all time favourite. Nothing will ever match up to the high standards it offered. Unfortunately funds wont run to another at the moment. But if my numbers come up tomorrow this would be my first buy.