Lexus RX 400h

Lexus RX 400h

Lexus present the RX400h SE 4 X 4 with E-CVT Automatic Gearbox, Four Wheel Drive (4x4) running on Unleaded Petrol

Review of "Lexus RX 400h"

published 03/01/2010 | JimmySandy
Member since : 03/01/2010
Pro Lots of space, great stereo, easy to use sat nav, quiet, smooth ride, lots of electrontic gadgetry
Cons no standard IPOD/ MP3 player link, I suppose not as economical as you might hope
Road Handling
Features
Fuel consumption

"Lexus RX400h - Not really a green option but a very good SUV"

With an impending birth we needed to change our 2 seater sports car for something more practical and decided to go for an SUV style vehicle for the space and safety that they can give. After much deliberation we decided to get ourselves an RX400h and we are very pleased with the result.
As I see it, despite not being cheap you get plenty for your money compared to say a Mercedes ML, and you get a smoother ride and bit more prestige than the VW Toureg. For us the main contender was a BMW X5, however on reflection we always went back to the Lexus for its smooth quick electric/petrol engine, and cheaper running costs.
I love the hybrid technology, no it isn't going to make this car cheap to run, but it does make it very attractive in comparison to other SUVs, and the 3.3 litre engine coupled with the electric motor is quick, apparently the hybrid is faster to 60 than the non-hybrid!
We have already had four adults in the car and it feels very spacious still, with easily room for one, or a few more ! Although it is true this is not a seven seater.
We have the SE-L model which includes a very very good sounding 11 speaker 'Mark Levinson' (no I hadn't heard of that before either) stereo, back seat dvd screens and a reversing camera, which when you get used to it, you wonder how you would do without.
In my opinion this is the best vehicle we could have chosen, but I will come back to this review once the baby is born and we are then using the large boot, with remote opening, in anger with all that baby paraphernalia we will be lugging around !

• TheHairyGodmother published 01/12/2010
    sorry but there is not enough information or opinion in this review. If you update it let me know and I will re-rate.
  • jjcross published 21/05/2010
    As with the other comment you have not told us the important details such as the fuel consumption (MPG) Its a to basic review.
  • lillamarta published 04/01/2010
    A good start though much more info is needed for a consumer contemplating such a purchase.