Library services

Library services

Review of "Library services"

published 11/10/2009 | ruth1957
Member since : 06/10/2006
I just love writing and getting any feed back so I can improve. Its been good for me to write as I am recovering from a stroke and had times it has been difficult to write now much easier. Thankyou for all the rates and comments
Pro Great Places
Cons None

"Libraries are Great Places!"

Libraries are great places as there are so much on offer and it is more than borrowing books.
My little library as so much going on I am amazed that the different types of activiteis for all age groups.
There is Baby Bounce and Rhyme Time for the babies and toddlers where they have a volunteer who comes in and sings nursery rhymes and stories.Also this is a good way for young mums to meet other mums.
Reading Group where each month they discuss what the book is all about and what they thought about it.
On a saturday morning craft activities for children which is lovely to see as these days children seem to be glued to computers.
Recently the library set up a Knitting Group and i am looking forward in taking part so next month I am going along with my knitting needles and wool.
There are computers there as well and very well used. If anyone has any problems with the using a computer once a week there is someone who comes in to help which is ideal.
The library also runs a Homelending Service for those who cannot come out to the library themselves and needs someone to deliver there books. This service is run by Volunteers.

So libraries are the places to be and I am now I have a bit more time enjoying the time which I now spend in my library
Apart from books you can also borrow CDS,DVDSwhich there is a charge for.
They can obtain books from other libraries in the county for 25p and for £2 will get books from other counties and as far as America.
Which is a fantastic service.
So if you have not visited your local library recently why don't you pay them a visit to see what is going on in your Library you will be pleasantly surprised.

• hillhead published 16/11/2009
    I should visit my local more often.
  • jesi published 14/10/2009
    I must admit my first two actions in a new area are 1) find the nearest disabled toilet; and 2) join the local library . . . I am now a member in Warwickshire, Worcestershire, Birmingham, Solihull, Dudley, Wolverhampton and South Staffordshire . . . and they have differing protocols for computer use, which is the main use l make of them, along with reading books off the shelves to occupy the day while my husband teaches supply at a local secondary school . . . &#9829 jes &#9829
  • TheHairyGodmother published 12/10/2009