Review of "Lidl Suddenly Madame Glamour Eau de Parfum"

published 22/11/2013 | dawnymarie
Member since : 01/12/2010
Pro Smells absolutely gorgeous. Price.
Cons White bottle top looks a little tacky.
Staying power
Design of the bottle

"Is that Chanel?"

Lidl Suddenly Madame Glamour Eau de Parfum

Lidl Suddenly Madame Glamour Eau de Parfum

Lidl Suddenly Eau de Parfum

Why choose this?

Simple. A lady walked by me in a store, the smell that lingered behind her stopped me in my tracks and that does not normally happen to me. I approached her and asked what she was wearing, I expected her to tell me of an expensive brand, instead she told me that it was from Lidl. I was shocked, literally lost for words and needless to say I bought some. I got two bottles, one for myself and one for my daugther.
Lidl Eau De Parfum. What is in the box...

It's not the most exciting environment to purchase perfume and to be honest it felt odd as I'm used to shopping in Boots, Debenhams or L'Occitane for my fragrance purchases. Lidl is a supermarket and I found the perfume above the frozen foods. This placed doubt in my mind, had I imagined the smell being so nice or was it someone else and I stopped the wrong lady?

The box is not the most luxurious but it feels quality and is sealed with cellophane. The bottle is a simple design and at 50ml a generous purchase for the price at £3.99. That felt so weird, spending so little on fragrance and once again I felt dubious. If anything, the lid lets the bottle down as it is a little clumsy looking, the glass bottle is quite appealing and modestly attractive.

On with the trial...

I have never tried the perfume that so many compare this one to, Chanel Coco Mademoiselle, at 50ml it is an impressive £66.50 at Boots, and of course the bottle looks the business. That is as far as I can go in comparison.

Bottle in hand feels good, minus the lid this bottle looks far more classy -- replace the lid and it looks a little tacky and cheap. So, leave the lid off if you want a more impressive appearance. I like the gold graphics and spray attachment, it's simple but makes it more aesthetically pleasing.

The parfum appears to be light gold in colour and that appeals, I am not keen on overly dark appearance.

I was apprehensive before spraying some of the Suddenly onto my wrist and neck, I have sensitive skin and wondered if a cheap fragrance may have dubious ingredients. I also didn't want to smell of cheap perfume and didn't want the headache inducing experience that some can muster. So it wasn't with joy that I used this for the first time.

I needn't have concerned myself, I have had no reactions to this parfum at all and have been using it for over a month, daily. Note that I stated daily -- that is not because of the trial and I forced myself to do it, it is because I love it.

I am absolutely gobsmacked, now there's a word. Gobsmacked. I would never have imagined that I would purchase a perfume of this price and brand, let alone like it. But I do and my daughter does too, in fact the girls at her work place thought that she was wearing Chanel as one of them has the expensive Coco Madamoiselle.

The first burst of scent is strong and initially I used less as I feared a headache, no headache has ever developed and now I'm used to it I spray on more -- I need to, I can't help it.

The notes are floral and fruity and I can detect jasmine and bergamot which I adore. The notes are top heavy initially and very noticeable -- to a point that I thought it too much but it soon settles and becomes a classy and exotic treat.

It doesn't last as long as my expensive perfumes and I do have another one or two sprays throughout the day but at that price I really don't mind. The thing is I can't detect it but others can, it's one of those fragrances that develop into a really subtle but beautiful aroma as the day goes on. I detect the floral notes predominantly.

I have sprayed it into my wardrobe to freshen it up and when I opened it the following day the fragrance was definitely noticeable and it smelt gorgeous.

I wouldn't say that I can detect exact notes as the perfume settles on my skin like I can with the L'Occitane parfum but having said that I have had other expensive perfumes that have been the same. The main thing for me is that it smells classy but subtle, is not overpowering and doesn't irritate my skin -- this ticks all of those boxes.

I still feel odd about buying a perfume at such a low price from Lidl but it is absolutely lovely. It's my favourite perfume at present and the one that I go for each morning -- it's sat at the side of L'Occitane bottles. That, for me, is impressive.

This perfume is promoted as being 'Timeless and affordable' -- I have to agree and I am definitely buying some more.

Sourcing...

Lidl
Price...

£3.99
Star Rating...

Five
Recommendation...

Absolutely, at £3.99 what have you got to loose. It does feel strange and you will have doubts when you take your box off the shelf in the Lidl supermarket -- it will be near toothpaste and no doubt above the frozen food so it doesn't feel like a luxurious treat at that point. At £3.99 you don't feel like you are pampering yourself either or being naughty but nice, because you are worth it. But, seriously, this is really nice stuff. Its on the floral and exotic side note wise and jasmine features quite strongly but it is not a headache inducing blend, it settles to become a subtle, classy and expensive smelling aroma that leaves a very pleasant smell in the room that you have just been in. You can throw it in your bag and top up if and when required, I have a little spray or two in the afternoon. I've had my bottle for just over a month and there is about half the bottle left -- I've been using it every day. It's gorgeous, I can't believe it's from Lidl. Some ladies who have it say that it's Chanel if anyone asks and some are asked if they are wearing Chanel! Highly recommended. Great price, great smell.
Published on Dooyoo