Lifetec LT 1998sl

Lifetec LT 1998sl

Display - CRT - 19 in

Review of "Lifetec LT 1998sl"

published 25/03/2003 | NJFortune
Member since : 16/07/2002
Pro Very Quiet, Easy to use, USB Ports on Front of box
Cons sometimes too hard to hear if the machine is actually on its so quiet! ;-)
Picture quality
Image Size in relation to tube size
Colour sensitivity
Design

"Medion PC's"

(unsure if this is in the wrong catagory but its all I could find about Medion)

Having moaned constantly for a new computer I was finally granted my wish as my poor old Time Computer finally went to computer heaven.

I was looking around for the cheapest computer at the highest spec and I came across this Medion one. It was actually listed as a special offer by the supermarket chain "Aldi" for a measly £770 for the box, keyboard and mouse which I thought was not a bad deal.

The Machine itself is a Pentium 4 (2.66ghz) whicb comes with a DVD drive and a CD-RW as standard although the one thing I noticed after buying the machine is, it has no floppy disk drive!. Although this isnt a problem as you can buy an external one and plug it into the USB Ports located at the front of the machine.

On the case itself it also has a smartmedia / Compact Flash reader (this is for reading Digital Camera Cards) aswell as a serial port, the microphone port, 3 USB Ports and a video output port aswell.

The machine was pre-loaded with Windows XP and I it has 100GB of Hard Drive space, the Space is split into 3 drives allowing you to use one of the drives as the Windows backup drive as you are not given a Windows XP disk for reinstallation. The machine also has 512mb ram in it also, although the only problem is if the machine has trouble you have to send it back to Medion rather than Aldi should you require technical support.

All in all I am very happy with the system and with the amount of money I saved on the box I splashed out on a 17" flat screen monitor aswell which still works out cheaper than buying some near top of the range computers.

For anybody else who is looking around for PCs I would recommend a Medion as I have had absolutely no problem with it at all, my best advice would be buying from a magazine rather than a computer shop itself as the machines are occasionally cheaper if they are in magazines.

• stevie-boy published 26/03/2003
    Good op, just one or two corrections and more detail needed for the VH! Also, as I'm the category Assistant, I can have a category created for this computer, if you want me to do it! If so, leave a message in my guestbook. Steve
  • Jaxle published 25/03/2003
    Good op - I can't believe you don't get a Windows XP recovery disk...seems very stingy! I think you mean 512MB of RAM, not GB. Sounds like an excellent package otherwise! Cheers, Jaxle