pmdunn 4

pmdunn

Member since:20.07.2004

A good all-over job

27.02.2007

Advantages:
hair and body cleaning in one

Disadvantages:
expensive but worth it

17 Ciao members have rated this review on average: very helpful See ratings
  1. peace1989
  2. GK1976
  3. marymoose99

This is another absolutely brilliant product from Likisma Aromatherapy.

My wife had read about this product and suggested I give it a try. I have to confess to being a little reluctant because I have my own preferred products with which I cleanse my hair and body.

It has taken me years to decide which shampoo I like, and which shower gel treats my body with the respect it deserves.

I have previously settled on Dove products (I know, not your usual 'guy' products) - I have tried products like Lynx and Radox for shower gel but find that my skin does not like having all the surface oils stripped out of it to make it 'squeeky clean'

So my preferred shower gel up to this point was Dove (the one with all the moisturisers in it) as I find that this foams well and leaves my skin feeling pretty good after a rough hard days work.

For shampoo I have tried most of the major brands including Pantene, and Garnier but again many of the main brands strip all the natural oils out of my hair.

My preferred shampoo is another from the Dove range which again contains moisturisers and lathers very well leaving my hair feeling clean but not stripped.

OK, so now that I have told you what I usually use, how does this hair and body wash from Likisma perform.

Well, st first I thought that I was not going to like it at all. the gel does foam quite well, but I got the impression I needed to use a lot of it to get a good all over wash and at £12.95 a tube thsi product is certainly not cheap.

I gradually found out the less is more. My wife has one of those scrunchie things that she uses in the shower and she suggested I try that out - what a difference, I was really surprised.

This product produces a very good lather on both hair and body, it feels very pleasant on the skin and leaves the skin feeling clean and supple - the moisturisers in this product really work well. My hair also feels very clean and healthy, not greasy but with sufficient oil to give good shine and seperation.

I checked out the ingredients to compare with the other products I had been using and the label shows the following...

Aqua - water

Sodium Laureth Sulphate - a detergent and surfactant found in many personal care products (soaps, shampoos, toothpaste etc.). It is an inexpensive and very effective foamer

Cocamide DEA - a viscous liquid used as a foaming agent in bath products like shampoos and hand soaps, and in cosmetics as an emulsifying agent

Sodium Chloride - salt

Cocamidopropyl Betaine - viscous pale yellow transparent liquid and is used as a surfactant in bath products like shampoos and hand soaps, and in cosmetics as an emulsifying agent and thickener, and to reduce irritation purely ionic surfactants would cause. It also serves as an antistatic agent in hair conditioners.

Polysorbate-20 - a polysorbate surfactant whose stability and relative non-toxicity allow it to be used as a detergent and emulsifier in a number of domestic applications

PEG-7 Glyceryl Cocoate - A combination of polyethylene glycol and glyceryl cocoate (derived from coconut oil) to form a type of sucrose (sugar) extract

Fragrance (parfum)

Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein - A protein from wheat which has been turned partly into water through hydrolysis. Proteins are the nitrogen carrying constituents of living cells. Protein treatments are said to be beneficial to hair

Mentha Piperta (menthol) - One of the most important essential oils. It stimulates, refreshes, cools, restores and uplifts mind and body. Excellent for refreshing tired head and feet.

Aloe Barbadensus (Aloe Vera Leaf Juice) - When applied externally, aloe vera restores skin tissues and may aid the healing of burns and sores. It can also be used on blemishes and dandruff. Used cosmetically, Aloe vera softens the skin

Citric Acid - Widely used in the cosmetic industry. Derived from citrus fruits by fermentation of crude sugars. Used as a preservative and to adjust acid-alkali balance. Citric acid is said to have antioxidant and toning properties

Propylene Glycol- used as a moisturizer in medicines, cosmetics, and some food products. Also used as a medical and sexual lubricant (A.K.A. "personal lubricant")

5-bromo-5-nitro-1 3-Dioxane - basically a preservative with anti-fungal action

CI 42090 (FD&C Blue 1) - the blue colouring

Many of the ingredients are the same if not similar to other comparable products on the market, the main ingredients which seem to be at work making my skin and hair feel so good would appear to be the coconut oil, wheat protein, menthol and Aloe Vera.

I said earlier that this product is quite expensive, but taking into account the fact that it is two products in one (shampoo and shower gel) and the obvious quality of the product, factor in the way it makes my skin and hair feel, and I would say that it is worth every penny. It is quite long lasting too because you only need to use a small amount at a time.

I am happy to recommend this product to potential buyers, male and female

Likisma Aromatherapy Products Sports Range
Hair and Body Wash

code: 3627
size: 250ml
cost: £12.95

Available from: http://www.likismasouth.co.uk

Thank you for reading this review...

ovetta2001 04.03.2007 13:28